Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone LR AWDs Showing 322 Miles Fully Charged?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how Tesla keeps track in the firmware that a car is 2020

I think this is probably one of the easier challenges Tesla encounters.

Can you try and make a screenshot of your energy tab like I did above and try to match the two lines in consumption and post it here - preferably in km.

Or you can look at my latest table. The numbers are correct - they're based on screen shots from people's cars, from various places here! Again, caveat being they are US based cars. But that (perhaps) only affects the position of the rated line - it doesn't affect the charging constant. If you search for the pictures in this forum, you will find exactly what you are asking for.

And what exactly are you going to "calculate" out of this - what is your goal?! I don't get it, really...

As I said before:

I am simply looking for all the data to do the calculations, that's all.

I just wanted to get the data and do the calculations myself. If you don't want to provide it, then just say that, and we won't have to keep going around in circles.

From what I understand this is not actual additional available range but just a change to how its calculated / displayed. Thus not an increase in efficiency or a release of previously locked / hidden battery capacity.

Last edited:
I have never charged to 100%. After 5,582 my wH per mile is 214. That would indicate a range of about 350 for a 100% charge. Just this minute I opened the energy app. My current charge is 53% and the energy app shows a remaining range of 195. That seems to indicate a range of 368 had I started at 100%. These numbers seem in line with the Tesla range table. My battery gauge has always shown percentage of charge and I am certain MY range exceeds 322.

I live in a rural county and rarely exceed 65 mph.
See Teslike.com

I have never charged to 100%. After 5,582 my wH per mile is 214. That would indicate a range of about 350 for a 100% charge. Just this minute I opened the energy app. My current charge is 53% and the energy app shows a remaining range of 195. That seems to indicate a range of 368 had I started at 100%. These numbers seem in line with the Tesla range table. My battery gauge has always shown percentage of charge and I am certain MY range exceeds 322.

I live in a rural county and rarely exceed 65 mph.
See Teslike.com

You can always open the app, going to charging? And drag the bar to 100% and it will tell you what that mileage is. Then you can back it down to 50, 60, 80, 90 or whatever percent you leave as default. Of course that projected number at 100% changed due to variables but you can always see what it would be without actually having to actually charge to 100%. It’s a better number than looking at current percent / range and doing a back of the envelope calculation.

As I said before:

I just wanted to get the data and do the calculations myself. If you don't want to provide it, then just say that, and we won't have to keep going around in circles.
Not backed by science but I use a simple equation that get's me close, I use percentage so I multiple 3X Percentage, I never look at milage unless I'm looking at the energy chart, just too many variables. As the say, just charge it and enjoy the ride.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
What year and trim?
2020 LR AWD
BB7E93D7-32F5-4FBE-B70D-18A34075B852.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
My recent numbers. First are before the software update, second are after the update and a charging session. The range increased due to the new EPA efficiency numbers being used, but the actual range really didn't change, just the way of calculating it.

Software 2019.35.108
Odometer: 238.10 mi
Miles remaining: 198
% remaining: 64% - This is from vehicle display, not SMT so fewer significant digits
Calculated "full" range at 245 Wh/mi: 309.4 mi

Software 2020.8.2 - vehicle not driven, but charged from 64% to 79.9%
Odometer: 238.10 mi
Miles remaining: 254
% remaining: 79.9% - From SMT, vehicle display shows 80%
Calculated "full" range at new 241 Wh/mi: 317.9 mi
SMT full pack: 77 kWh

Sorry, I won't be able to get a 100 mi drive done any time soon. So I'm afraid you won't have that data point from a "new" LR AWD.

Figured it was time for an update. SMT now has some more info which I've included.

2020 Model 3 LR AWD purchased mid-March 2020

Software: 2020.28.6
Odometer: 1716 mi
Miles remaining: 273
% remaining: 86.1 (from SMT)
Calculated "full" range: 317.1 mi
SMT Nominal full pack: 76.6 kWh
SMT battery degradation 1.54% (based on 77.8 kWh when new)

I think things look good so far, about what seems to be expected as the car ages. I have Supercharged six times to use up some of the free miles before they expire. The Supercharger I use is an urban one that maxes out at 75 kW, so nothing crazy. The sessions have been about 20-30 kWh added each time.

I've been keeping the car at about 50% charge since it isn't being driven much. The last couple days I charged it to 86% over night and let it sit for several hours to let the pack balance some before taking the SMT readings. As you can see SMT reports 2.00 mV of imbalance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200806-110931.png
    Screenshot_20200806-110931.png
    504.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
Status
Not open for further replies.