Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone made their Tesla create an income for them ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting idea. On the one hand it would make a great Amazon delivery driver since it never has to pee but it would have no way to get the parcels from the curb to the house so I don't think it would work in practice. I also don't think FSD is quite up to the job yet whatever Elon says.

• Funny
Reactions: Gatsojon
Just wondering has anyone used their tesla to create income ? Be it as a taxi driver? Amazon delivery driver ? Or somethings else ? I would be interested to hear of any stories !!

Here is one (very detailed) post:

There's good money in Uber and Lyft right now well (here in the States that is). You have to hustle though. You get bonus for so many rides. Start rides in certain areas of the city and get more bonuses. Run both apps when things are slow.
We purchased the MY just for a business. www.fastpaceservices.com
Rent on Turo and did rideshare anytime it wasn't rented. Many riders would become renters. Since I have all the car detailing supplies (pressure washer foam cannon) I would also do detailing service for anyone that drops their car off when they picked up the MY. Then the job called me back, so we just rent from the house.

There was a company in the UK who'd manage renting your car out on short term loans (I think they were called whitecar or something like that). They took care of everything and it wasn't uncommon for people to leave their car with them while going on a 2 week holiday and not only would they not pay parking charges they'd make a few hundred. I think they were trying to do what Turo do in the states, but the company went under from memory.

Based on a few stops at Healthrow T5 superchargers before Covid, there were plenty of private hire cars, a few of them blocking the chargers waiting for their next job.

There was a company in the UK who'd manage renting your car out on short term loans (I think they were called whitecar or something like that). They took care of everything and it wasn't uncommon for people to leave their car with them while going on a 2 week holiday and not only would they not pay parking charges they'd make a few hundred. I think they were trying to do what Turo do in the states, but the company went under from memory.

Based on a few stops at Healthrow T5 superchargers before Covid, there were plenty of private hire cars, a few of them blocking the chargers waiting for their next job.
Turos over here too now! However their insurance doesn't cover Teslas, so if you want to list you've got to provide your own Rental Insurance :(

Has anyone done Amazon deliveries from a Tesla !!??

What's the equivalent £/hr rate pay Amazon pay?

Local Amazon drivers around here are in 10 year old+ cheap run arounds.

There's nothing stopping you from using a Tesla for local delivery work, but if you have the 'free' time for it than doing extra shifts in the day job will probably pay you more?

I use my MS to take passengers to and from the Airport and any other long distance travel. I part own a taxi service here in Portsmouth and finally decided to take the plunge to electric last year. I’ve not yet had any range anxiety and so far the customers are loving the car.
As you can imagine it has been very quiet since I took delivery in September 2020 but I have still managed 11,000 miles in that time. I have also had requests to use the car for proms and weddings.
FDFD6E51-9735-47AA-808D-D526245D7E6B.jpeg
D710D923-D5DA-4313-A5A9-760F7D4E5955.jpeg