Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone miss going to the gas station to fill up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no more going to a gas station in the middle of the night, not getting jacked, robbed, or tempted to eat unhealthy foods, not having to stand around freezing your a** off or getting rained on in your best dinner clothes. no more standing around waiting have to listen to those crappy ads while you're pumping.

speaking of crime, I'd like to see a freakonomics study to suggest the impact in reduction of crime rate if more people were not pumping gas.

I was going to post exactly the same thing! My windshield has never been dirtier!

not sure what the US costco's stock but this stuff is probably the best window cleaner ive ever used.
i know canadian costco's stock this regularly and have so for the last 3-4 years.
IMG_2082-500x500.JPG

not sure what the US costco's stock but this stuff is probably the best window cleaner ive ever used.
i know canadian costco's stock this regularly and have so for the last 3-4 years.
View attachment 28352

I will give it a try! Do you know if it is safe on tint (for the inside obviously)?

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, found bottle in English and it says safe for tint on the label. Just ordered some off amazon, thanks for the suggestion!

Sounds ridiculous but have any of you started heading to the gas station and then realizing you don't need gas (muscle memory / force of habit)

for me i haven't actually left my house but i keep getting the feeling i'm supposed to be doing something with the car as plugging it in seems almost too easy.

i guess ill have to get gas eventually though since i have a gas powered pressure washer, it will be pretty funny when i pull up in an EV.

I have heard that newer Model S owners realize that they had "ICE range anxiety" in their previous life. There is a surge of panic when they realize that they haven't pumped gas in recent days and they fear that they'll run out of gas. This quickly passes after driving the Model S a short period of time when one realizes that they leave the house with a full charge every day.

Personally, I started counting down the tanks I would be forced to buy about 6 months before my estimated delivery date. I faced each one with greater dread. I hated going to the gas station for as long as I can remember. I'm liberated!:biggrin:

I was never one of the many here who saw trips to the gas station as a huge inconvenience or just a nasty and disgusting experience. However, the few times I must go now (for gas, not food) in my wife's car, haven't been all that pleasant. Range anxiety aside, I like not having to stand around pumping or fighting other people for a spot (my last experience was ridiculous with a woman parking at the pump -- in a crowded Wawa station -- coming back, sitting behind the wheel for a few minutes, then slowly pulling off).

Thankful most of my fueling is done when convenient.

I was never one of the many here who saw trips to the gas station as a huge inconvenience or just a nasty and disgusting experience. However, the few times I must go now (for gas, not food) in my wife's car, haven't been all that pleasant. Range anxiety aside, I like not having to stand around pumping or fighting other people for a spot (my last experience was ridiculous with a woman parking at the pump -- in a crowded Wawa station -- coming back, sitting behind the wheel for a few minutes, then slowly pulling off).

Thankful most of my fueling is done when convenient.

For me it is basically the same I never minded going to a gas station before (actually probably never thought about is as I had no choice if I wanted to drive the car). Only when you don't have to go do you truly appreciate it I think.

I have always detested going to the gas station. I hate the oil slicks, the gasoline fumes, the time wasted, the whole experience.

I was so ecstatic when I found out my diesel Jetta could easily go 600 miles on a tank.

I attribute this to completely soaking myself in gasoline when I was 6 or 7. I was "helping" my dad fill the car and pulled the nozzle out of the car while it was pumping.

I have always hated gasoline. The smell everything

For me it is basically the same I never minded going to a gas station before (actually probably never thought about is as I had no choice if I wanted to drive the car). Only when you don't have to go do you truly appreciate it I think.

I agree, but where I think I'm going to really start appreciating it is in the depths of winter. Very little I hated more than standing there freezing my hands off holding a fuel nozzle to the car!

My wife and I recently took a road trip. Before we left, we needed cash. The nearest ATM was at a fuel station. During our trip, we needed ice for our cooler. Again, another fuel station, as nothing else was open in town. I felt weird, and with the one in the small town, I deliberately parked away from the fuel station and walked to it.

I felt weird, and with the one in the small town, I deliberately parked away from the fuel station and walked to it.

In the winter, I'll often use the gas station car wash (I like to hand wash myself in the warmer weather) and the first time it did feel really weird.

I also discovered that car washes are usually discounted with fuel purchase, so now I always buy a wash ticket (good for 60 days) whenever I fill my wife's ICE and keep it in the Model S until I need a wash.

In the winter, I'll often use the gas station car wash (I like to hand wash myself in the warmer weather) and the first time it did feel really weird.

I also discovered that car washes are usually discounted with fuel purchase, so now I always buy a wash ticket (good for 60 days) whenever I fill my wife's ICE and keep it in the Model S until I need a wash.

good tip, thanks. i'll ask my wife to do grab one the next time she fills up. The last few times I've gone just for a wash, 2 out of 3 attendants gave me the discount anyways as long as I chose the full deluxe all dressed wash option.

I dreadfully hated going to the gas station. The fumes and smell of gas really bothered me and are disgusting of course. Now that i got my smart ED im very happy i wont have to be going there anymore (unless i go somewhere long distance with my dad in his volt).