Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone missing a model S in Southern California?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came to charge at summit chargers Friday and seen this model s... came back today and it’s still here. Called the police and gave plate number confirmed stolen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    648.3 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 133
It's possible to remotely copy the FOB but more likely that the thief managed to steal the FOB.

For owners of the older Model S fob, you can request the new one (I did last year, and Mobile Service delivered and provisioned it for me).

Also another reason why you should activate the Pin to Drive, so even if someone steels the fob, unless you provide the code to them, they can't drive away with your Model S.

For owners of the older Model S fob, you can request the new one (I did last year, and Mobile Service delivered and provisioned it for me).

Also another reason why you should activate the Pin to Drive, so even if someone steels the fob, unless you provide the code to them, they can't drive away with your Model S.
And neither can you when your MCU gives up its ghost ;)

How much was the fob upgrade? (I should've requested that when the ranger was here last week.)

Reactions: BrokerDon
It must have been owned by a dealer, otherwise the owner could have just tracked it in their app. Stolen on a test drive makes sense. That said, you’d think the OP would notice if it had a dealer plate or advertisement in the plates place like most cars in dealer lots do.

It must have been owned by a dealer, otherwise the owner could have just tracked it in their app. Stolen on a test drive makes sense. That said, you’d think the OP would notice if it had a dealer plate or advertisement in the plates place like most cars in dealer lots do.

Had a paper plate like if it was just sold pending metal plates. I stated I gave the the police the plate number in original post.

Reactions: Ohmster