TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone missing Autopilot?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by bhakan, May 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bhakan

bhakan Member

No autopilot this morning when I drove. i know there was a network maintenance this am (5/29/18) for the Tesla App. I got into my car and noticed that both TACC and Autosteer not available. I verified when my car was parked that AP is ON. I almost felt like I don't know how to drive as I rely on AP for my driving all the time when it is available. Did anyone experience this? Possibly it will reset itself before i drive back home.

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Apps work fine, which should have been the extent of the outage not being over when planned.... Tried rebooting? (The car...) The usual number one thing to try... :D

3. bhakan

bhakan Member

Thanks. Not yet, as I noticed the AP nonavailability while driving. Planning to try this evening before heading home.

4. sdugan99

sdugan99 Member

FYI you can reboot the either screen while driving.

5. bhakan

bhakan Member

AP automatically reset and reappeared this evening when I got to my car. Thanks. I did not know that the system can be rebooted while driving. Also, both of my screens were active. I just lost the AP capability.

6. jorobsand

jorobsand Member

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I didn't have AP available for a drive yesterday morning but when I returned to the vehicle last evening, all had been restored.

Weird.

7. arcus

arcus Active Member

What? Someone has stolen my AP?

Running to the car to check...

• Funny x 2
  8. jorobsand

jorobsand Member

This is actually the 2nd bug I have encountered since I updated to 2018.18.2, but may not be related to firmware at all.

The first thing that happened to me was this instance with speed limit indications: Weird Speed Limit Display

9. bhakan

bhakan Member

Probably all those parked fire trucks and cop cars so that Tesla cars won't hit them??

• Funny x 1
  10. redy

redy Member

Not related to firmware as I am on 2018.14.2 and this has happened to me a couple of times before. Randomly. Usually just try to reboot it or give it some time and it works fine.

• Informative x 1