Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone model Y with low range display??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok ok. I think you guys are missing my point on my question. I have been owner of model x seen 2016. I understand about range not being actual. What I am getting at is that when I charge to 100 shouldn't I see my display range closer to 300? I know I can't drive 300 miles or 306. But my display range has been less then 272 seen ownership. Is there any other Model Y performance with performance package owner out there int he northeast area seeing the same as mine?
I have the 2021 Tesla Y long range and I’ve gone from 328 to 318 to 305 to 295 and now at 30k it’s as low as 287! It’s been above a 100 degrees here all week but I doubt by fall with more miles it will go back up to 300 unless Tesla has an update for battery calibration. Fingers crossed 🤞

I have the 2021 Tesla Y long range and I’ve gone from 328 to 318 to 305 to 295 and now at 30k it’s as low as 287! It’s been above a 100 degrees here all week but I doubt by fall with more miles it will go back up to 300 unless Tesla has an update for battery calibration. Fingers crossed 🤞
yeah they'll be no update for that, your car sounds completely normal for age and mileage battery wise, you're fine, you dont need some mythical calibration update. Batteries degrade, simple, you're fine.

Reactions: Pianewman
There is a sticky in the M3 battery section for how to get a proper calibration by the BMS. Involves leaving asleep for long periods of time at different charge states so the battery can even everything out. There could be one part of the pack that is lower than the rest and the rest matches the output of the low part so the overall range drops. Getting the BMS to recognize these low parts takes time but can be done.

thank you. ok so for me from day 1 the max I was seeing was 274-276 at 100% charge. atm I'm only see 262 @ 100%.

I have spoken to some tesla tech and they explained to me that the Model y performance with the performance package has been a slip in the crack where the software update does not address this package. Atm on the website show 303 ( performance ). And I get that mine is not going to show 303, but I would expect mine to show like 290 or anything above 280. I'm just not understanding why I'm only see 262. which is very much way below.
My range on my 2021 y performance that I purchased in June of 2021 would only charge to 295 when new. Presently, with 45,000 miles it’s at 263 at 100%. At one point at around 30,000 miles it dropped to 244 at 100%. Tesla told me that sentry made and cabin heat protection usage was killing the max range. So I stopped using them and the range overtime went back up. Recently, I switched to Gemini wheels with continental all season tires and the battery display hasn’t changed but I know that my total range has increased by 15 to 20 miles more than when I had those crazy heavy Uber turbine wheels. I know I’m late to this discussion but i just wanted to share my experience.

Remember there are 3 displays.

The small one at the top of the main screen is rated range per max known battery. This is not based on consumption rate and relatively invariant. This is obviously more accurate as your charge level decreases. The 100% miles here is a measure of what the BMS thinks based on those tricky voltage measurements. This is what you can sometimes affect by complicated charge routines.

The one in navigation is based on lots of factors including consumption rate, conditions, speed limits, etc…. I find this one to be very accurate - if it says arrive with 12% charge it is usually correct. When needed I can extend that by actually driving the speed limit of less and using less AC.

The energy app tells you the whole truth. It shows how your driving, AC, elevation, sentry, etc.. have affected your range. If you want to know what’s going on look here.