Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone nabbed existing inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also wondering about this. I have a refreshed MXLR on order and already sold my other car. So I was thinking about getting existing inventory MY, my question is will Tesla ship the car to my closest SC if I buy an existing inventory that is not nearby? I live in Upstate NY so I have to go to Mt. Kisco since Tesla cant sell in upstate.

Also wondering about this. I have a refreshed MXLR on order and already sold my other car. So I was thinking about getting existing inventory MY, my question is will Tesla ship the car to my closest SC if I buy an existing inventory that is not nearby? I live in Upstate NY so I have to go to Mt. Kisco since Tesla cant sell in upstate.
Normally, they allow delivery but at the end of the quarter they require local pickup. Usually, if you are in the same state they will deliver to closest SC or home for free but if it's out of state it can cost $500, $1k, or $2k based on how far they are moving the vehicle.

I also bought an existing inventory with 30 miles on it and my VIN was 111 early 2021 with the older console. I only accepted it because they gave me a $1620 discount. How much discount did they give you? And I assume yours is also the older style console (which I love)?

Looks like the old interior. I didn't even know there was a new one. Also there's a big scratch right below the cupholders. I didn't notice it last night because it was getting dark when I was looking it over.

The price adjustment was $300.

This is still a 2021 model, right? The window has double pane glass.

I'm actually not super happy about getting something older, with damage, when I had assumed that I was getting a recent model. It didn't occur to me to use the VIN as a way to guess the vehicle's age. Total price of the car + financing rate and fees is $80,841.15 (it has FSD).

Maybe I'll just get an aftermarket matte cover for the console to cover the scratch.

Also I guessing the car still has radar, so if they go back on "vision only" I won't have to get it serviced to add it back in.

Attachments

• IMG_20210630_111023.jpg
    IMG_20210630_111023.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 104
Looks like the old interior. I didn't even know there was a new one. Also there's a big scratch right below the cupholders. I didn't notice it last night because it was getting dark when I was looking it over.

I'm actually not super happy about getting something older, with damage, when I had assumed that I was getting a recent model. It didn't occur to me to use the VIN as a way to guess the vehicle's age. Total price of the car + financing rate and fees is $80,841.15 (it has FSD).

Maybe I'll just get an aftermarket matte cover for the console to cover the scratch.

Also I guessing the car still has radar, so if they go back on "vision only" I won't have to get it serviced to add it back in.
What is the VIN?

It does have radar based on the fact that you have the old console, which started to be phased out earlier this year. You may also have auto-dimming outside mirrors and a heated steering wheel.

Wow I'm surprised you only got $300 off! You can cover the piano black with a matte cover for sure. That's what I did and it looks great.

Wow I'm surprised you only got $300 off! You can cover the piano black with a matte cover for sure. That's what I did and it looks great.
The loan had already been signed and down payment paid by the time it even arrived at my driveway. I'm not the kind of person to barter (which is why the ordering process of the Tesla appealed to me). But given that scratch, the age of the vehicle, and the fact that I purchased it "new", I feel like the adjustment should have been higher.

So yeah I'm disappointed, so far probably not enough to try and get a bigger adjustment oraanything.

What cover did you get? I see that there are quite a few aftermarket Tesla part dealers, but I'm very new and don't know which brands to trust.

The loan had already been signed and down payment paid by the time it even arrived at my driveway. I'm not the kind of person to barter (which is why the ordering process of the Tesla appealed to me). But given that scratch, the age of the vehicle, and the fact that I purchased it "new", I feel like the adjustment should have been higher.

So yeah I'm disappointed, so far probably not enough to try and get a bigger adjustment oraanything.

What cover did you get? I see that there are quite a few aftermarket Tesla part dealers, but I'm very new and don't know which brands to trust.
I bought the Topfit Matte Console Cover Gen 1 on Amazon

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. Yeah I know I probably could have done this but the existing inventory car was EXACTLY the config I wanted, and since it was 1 AM I couldn't really call my SA at that hour. If I had waited until the next morning to save $100 and the car would have been sold I would have been so mad at myself for penny pinching.
Yea, $100 is not a lot of money in the grand scheme of a $50-$70,000 car. I may have done the same thing if I didnt get ahold of a different SA who applied the VIN to my order. My actual SA didnt reply for a day or 2.