Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GasKilla

No Gas Know Peace
Nov 11, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I'm planning on swinging by a local service center to pick up a 5-20 adapter and when I called them today they said they had 10-30s in stock. I might pick one up for myself but I'm wondering if anyone else needs one since they aren't available online and some service centers no longer have them in stock. Let me know if should grab a few extra 10-30s.

NEMA 14-30, 10-30, 6-50 Adapter Recall

That's the link for the recall. Anyone that bought a 10-30 from me, your connector is subject to this recall. I recently had mine replaced while at a service center for regular maintenance. So far I haven't heard of any new adapters being mailed out to anyone including myself.
Hmm. That's strange. I bought a 10-30 adapter directly from Tesla shortly after buying my car in early 2015. I got my replacement connector for the recall in the mail several months ago. I don't remember exactly when, but I believe it was last fall (late 2017).

They had stated they send the replacements to people they saw as using them. I swapped my 10-30 out at the local service center about a month before I got my car... new ones have the gray core. I had used the old one on an overnight loaner and it worked fine.