Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone not get the text blast yesterday?

jimmym1981

Oct 15, 2019
Chicago
People that did not get it - is your loan approved and you are past the insurance step? Or are you still on the apply for a loan step?
I was wondering the same thing. For the people that GOT the text, did you already fill out the loan application and get approved or are you just on the “payment” part with that filled out?

burton06

May 22, 2020
California
People that did not get it - is your loan approved and you are past the insurance step? Or are you still on the apply for a loan step?

I am at the screen where they ask me to upload my insurance. In california you don't need your VIN in your insurance right away when you buy a car, so I uploaded my existing insurance card.

SEndicott

May 18, 2020
Colorado Springs, CO

I did not receive the text.
I have everything done, loan, insurance card (a copy of my existing vehicle). My rep says there is nothing to do but wait. I should, according to him "get a VIN assigned in the next two weeks with delivery by the end of the month."

Reactions: DavidAsheville

burton06

May 22, 2020
California
Anybody think it’s possible that because I reached out for a new lower rate and I had to re-accept my loan rate, it changed my “profile completion date”? I accepted a new rate on 5/22

wasloan

Feb 18, 2020
New Orleans
I was told on May 9th to expect a VIN (not necessarily delivery) in June for LR AWD/White/White/20"/non-FSD/no hitch/ordered 2-24-20/New Orleans.

I did not get the text. Perhaps it is because i had already spoken to him on the phone, but idk, it seems random. I hate to be a bother , but I reached out to advisor and am awaiting reply.

Ihdiot

Mar 7, 2020
Bozeman, MT
I was told on May 9th to expect a VIN (not necessarily delivery) in June for LR AWD/White/White/20"/non-FSD/no hitch/ordered 2-24-20/New Orleans.

I did not get the text. Perhaps it is because i had already spoken to him on the phone, but idk, it seems random. I hate to be a bother , but I reached out to advisor and am awaiting reply.
ugh I was thinking of doing the same thing, let us know what they say!

BigRedDog

Feb 9, 2020
Wisconsin
I decided to send a text to a Tesla number from which I previously received a text. I asked about delivery ETA. The response was very non-committal: "Currently right now we are more so of a step by step process with providing ETA's as we continue to recover from the pandemic." Translation: Sit down and wait your turn.

AWD, MSM/W, 19", FSD, 5-seat, no hitch. Upper midwest. Ordered 10/19. Completed loan and trade-in processes earlier in mid-May.

rsinger2

May 29, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Anybody think it’s possible that because I reached out for a new lower rate and I had to re-accept my loan rate, it changed my “profile completion date”? I accepted a new rate on 5/22
I did the same thing except accepted a new rate on 6/1..I am afraid it put us in the back of the "profile completion date" as I did not receive the text.

burton06

May 22, 2020
California
I did the same thing except accepted a new rate on 6/1..I am afraid it put us in the back of the "profile completion date" as I did not receive the text.
Interesting...

What is your order date and specs?

I ordered June 2019. AWD/ White ext / Black Int / 20" wheels / No Tow hitch / Bay area / Financing through Tesla

baldyloxx

Mar 1, 2020
Orange County
and... for some strange reason my APR has miraculously 'gone up' from what was previously "approved" before COVID..

so I told them that I will not be moving forward at this moment..

Last edited:

rsinger2

May 29, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Interesting...

What is your order date and specs?

I ordered June 2019. AWD/ White ext / Black Int / 20" wheels / No Tow hitch / Bay area / Financing through Tesla
I ordered 3/31/20 though I did change my color from White to MSM on 5/22/20 so that also could be messing me up..
AWD / MSM / White Int / 19" Wheels / No FSD / No Tow Hitch

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC