Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone NOT had any issues with their Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11K fantastic miles since August iincluding a trip to the Alps.
Low brake fluid error checked by mobile service at my work.
IMG_1733.jpeg

Got mine end of Sept. There were a couple of minor issues on delivery - slightly off centre steering wheel, slight misalignment of front bumper, and a minor scuff on a door card. All were resolved on a single SC visit. Since then, no issues. 7.5k miles in now, incl a trip to Germany and back - one way with a big trailer on the back.

Really enjoying the car if truth be known.

So just thought I'd update this thread with my experience.

Picked it up a week ago. Noticed the boot seal wasn't fitted correctly and was slightly warped, this somehow allowed water ingress just beyond the seal but no further. I jet washed it yesterday and no water got through.
Black plastic exterior cill underneath the passenger side door is slightly warped. Noticed the same issue on their showroom Model 3P but that was worse.

Those were the only things I'd noticed on collection.

Since taking ownership I've noticed noticed the following:
Driver side window upright seal (next to the wing mirror) is warped in the middle do doesn't create a seal against the glass.
Lips of the arches don't seem to have got a full coat of paint, spots of white against the primer.
Rear bumper doesn't seem to have been painted very well. Got some creasing and parts where the primer can be seen.

Overall the issues are minor. Not unhappy with the car in the slightest. Ranger visit scheduled for the 9th April however I doubt that will stand in the current lock down. Certainly nothing that's stopping me driving the car...apart from the lockdown.

Collected my M3 SRP last Friday. On collection I reported a few issues including
- Underspray on front bumper paintwork (really obvious)
- Scratches on front bumper paintwork underneaths headlights
- Scratch on headlight
- Scratch on rear wheel

After drivng it home I've since also raised with the SC:
- Off centre steering wheel
- Wheel wobble > 70mph

The SC agreed the front bumper was unacceptable and have agreed to respray. Also agreed to change wheel, headlight and correct wheel alignment and balancing.

Not what I expected for a £40k+ car but then again the car excels in other ways. I keep telling myself I can't expect VAG standards.

Bloke collecting a M3P at the same time also had issues with interior marks and condensation in real lights.

6 months and 8k in and the only real faults I’ve noticed are:
- windscreen wipers are crap
- high beam headlights are slow to adjust and are turned off by reflection from signs
- phantom braking, sometimes violent, on TACC/NOA
- TACC/NOA is very jerky, like a learner driver
- voice control is pants
- front seats are not nearly supportive enough for a fast car

Whoops, I forgot. These aren’t faults, they come built into the M3 as standard :D:p

• Disagree
Reactions: MadScientist
Picked up my car from the Westfield Centre in West London a week ago. The front number plate was loose. A technician fixed it while I was having my hand-over, so no disruption to me. Interestingly, he then went around all the other cars awaiting delivery and checked them also - impressive thinking on his part. :)

Apart from that minor niggle, the car was and still is perfect!

Picked my SR+ red with tow bar up during February and only one long run from Leics to Newcastle to try out AP and Superchargers.
First Supercharger did nothing!!! Moved to the next group of two and (phew) it worked brilliantly. All you have to do is plug in and so comforting to know that there are always a few to choose from and the car was charged before I had dashed and splashed!

AP can be a bit odd but works amazingly well for motorways. It does get flustered when cars ahead pull in to your lane but not so much phantom braking, more like a brief lift from the acellerator.

I can't find anything wrong with fit or the paintwork apart from some tiny pin pricks in the drivers side paint that I noted when applying polish. They are very small but look to be down to the metal. Must be a speck of something that stops the paint from adhering. If the car was white I would never have seen them.

Mostly pissed that the frunk hooks are missing with nothing to cover the holes. If they ran out of them, why not put them in the post? Was a consignment stolen in China as there doesn't seem to any shortage on AliExpress. Hardly a big issue to be pissed over is it!

Utterly love the car. I had a BMW M3 some years ago but in no way does it compare with the fun I get out of this. And that is comparing a top of the range sports car from a major manufacturer to the cheapest car in Tesla's range. :p

The only issues I've had with mine (touch wood - as I haven't driven it for very long) are cosmetic ones. Stuff like sticker residue on one of the doors, minor chrome trim alignment, etc. There are several little dust nibs in the paint at various points in the car, but to be honest it's only stuff I would have known about if someone pointed them out to me. The car went in for a full detail shortly after I bought it so it has been gone over with a fine tooth comb.

My camera calibration is stuck on 99% but I've been told that it's because the car needs to see different types of road? I haven't been on a dual carriageway yet.

Out of interest where did you hear that? I'd have sworn ours was done within a mile of leaving the delivery center...
The guy who was confirming my SC appointment this week suggested it when I said the cameras appeared to be stuck on calibration. I don't know how much truth there is to it, and will find out on the drive over I guess. He suggested any fix for that - if there was a problem - would be pushed over the air anyway.

I've done a total of 46 miles in the car, it was delivered on 7 miles. The cameras seemed to be calibrating fine up to 99% for the first ~20 miles, but hadn't gone any further despite doing another 20 odd miles. I haven't driven the car since (for about a month).

The guy who was confirming my SC appointment this week suggested it when I said the cameras appeared to be stuck on calibration. I don't know how much truth there is to it, and will find out on the drive over I guess. He suggested any fix for that - if there was a problem - would be pushed over the air anyway.

I've done a total of 46 miles in the car, it was delivered on 7 miles. The cameras seemed to be calibrating fine up to 99% for the first ~20 miles, but hadn't gone any further despite doing another 20 odd miles. I haven't driven the car since (for about a month).

I am by no stretch an expert having only owed ours since December, but that doesn't sound right. Am I right to assume you haven't been able to use autopilot since ownership then?

Have you tried resetting it? (foot hard on the brake + hold steering wheel buttons in until the T logo appears on screen)

Not tried resetting it, and no, I haven't been able to use Autopilot since getting it. Attempting to use it tells me that the cameras need calibrating.

On the journey over to the detailer the blue line was going around the steering wheel on the display, and by the time I got there it was on ~99%. The detailer did remove and reinstall the two cameras on the side of the car on the front wings to apply PPF, so that could be related. I did also stupidly try doing a software update while I was driving back (tethered to my phone), which obviously failed, so that could've messed it up too.

I can see all 4 cameras on the dashcam thing, so I don't think the detailer would've broken them, and he's done plenty of Teslas so knows what he's doing.

It is due in for some work this Friday and the drive over there is ~20 miles, so if it hasn't sorted itself out in that time (I've done a software update or two since) then I'll add it to the list. Might even do a reset before I set off just to rule that out.

Had mine just over a month and done 100 miles.
No real issues. All the glass, body panels, doors and trims are properly aligned.
There’s a really tiny nick in the paint low down on a wheel arch, a very light scratch on one wing and a small cloudy patch on one door. Detailing will easily sort them out. Hope I can get it ceramic coated soon.
I did have an update stuck on day one. That was easily sorted by a phone call. Subsequent updates were fine.
Mobile LTE signal can be a bit hit and miss hereabouts.
I do get some spurious braking probably due to the wrong sort of leaves on the road.
No rattles or noises.
All in all it’s a joy to own.
If I’m allowed one complaint, I really miss having a proper speed limiter. Just having a “chime warning” harks back to the days of my 2012 Prius. I hope Elon catches up soon.

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB and Durzel
Not tried resetting it, and no, I haven't been able to use Autopilot since getting it. Attempting to use it tells me that the cameras need calibrating.

On the journey over to the detailer the blue line was going around the steering wheel on the display, and by the time I got there it was on ~99%. The detailer did remove and reinstall the two cameras on the side of the car on the front wings to apply PPF, so that could be related. I did also stupidly try doing a software update while I was driving back (tethered to my phone), which obviously failed, so that could've messed it up too.

I can see all 4 cameras on the dashcam thing, so I don't think the detailer would've broken them, and he's done plenty of Teslas so knows what he's doing.

It is due in for some work this Friday and the drive over there is ~20 miles, so if it hasn't sorted itself out in that time (I've done a software update or two since) then I'll add it to the list. Might even do a reset before I set off just to rule that out.

Ok good luck - hope all is resolves shortly for you!

Reactions: Durzel