Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone NOT had any issues with their Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just pondering as to whether the issues that seem to pop up on these forums are indicative of a larger proportion of Model 3 owners or that we only hear of the bad things on here as it were.

Some issues that spring to mind are:
Easily cracked windscreen and difficult to replace/long waiting times/recalibration issues.
Slow charging issues.
Steering column rattles.
Multiple System Failures.
Did they sort out the ripped under tray issue in the newest builds?
Condensation in lights.
Then it seems that the ability to fix said issues seems to be hit and miss with the Service Centres/Rangers with long waits, unable to get through. Certainly not the fix it at all costs I had been led to be believe/understand.

I’m just worried that I’m going to spend the most I’ve ever spent on a vehicle by a large factor and whilst the vehicle is reportedly brilliant is the ‘issues’ mentioned above going to ruin the experience in the long term. I.e. in a couple of years once are these issues that are tolerated/accepted in the early phases of ownership going to wear thin quickly?

Any thoughts or people with similar concerns?

Reactions: JS77
Just pondering as to whether the issues that seem to pop up on these forums are indicative of a larger proportion of Model 3 owners or that we only hear of the bad things on here as it were.

Easily cracked windscreen and difficult to replace/long waiting times/recalibration issues.
Slow charging issues.
Steering column rattles.
Condensation in lights.
Then it seems that the ability to fix said issues seems to be hit and miss with the Service Centres/Rangers with long waits, unable to get through. Certainly not the fix it at all costs I had been led to be believe/understand.

I’m just worried that I’m going to spend the most I’ve ever spent on a vehicle by a large factor and whilst the vehicle is reportedly brilliant is the ‘issues’ mentioned above going to ruin the experience in the long term. I.e. in a couple of years once are these issues that are tolerated/accepted in the early phases of ownership going to wear thin quickly?

I had some very minor paint defects that were corrected by Tesla. The only other issue I’ve had was my glove box light was inoperative. Tesla Ranger visit fixed that.

Slow charging issues.
Steering column rattles.
Condensation in lights.

Yes people who haven't got them yet!

Service is questionable, I mean its usually at least 6 weeks for most service centres (Checked today)

If you can get a decent car on delivery then that will be half your problems solved rather than something that happens progressively.

Just the recent Steering column rattle. Had the car since August. Even this is probably similar to rattles in other cars but is amplified more by the fact these things are silent so not critical just a mild annoyance.

Slow charging issues.
Steering column rattles.
Condensation in lights.

3 months in - no issues whatsoever...

Reactions: ACarneiro
Remember that the internet is where people go to complain.

I had one cosmetic defect on delivery which was cheerfully repaired, and I have been contacted by Tesla a couple of times to proactively replace some trouble prone items, but I've never "broken down." My battery range has been flat over 46,000 mi, no degradation at all. I'm starting to think I need new tires at 50K. I did need a new windshield, but I don't think I can blame Tesla for that rock.

None of this qualifies as complaining so I hope I'm not banned from the Internet.

I think reading these forums will give anyone a false negative impression of Tesla quality. My advice would be to ignore the negative sentiments, on the supposition that they are mostly not endemic. And many (like poor panel gaps) were once a problem, but have been longs since been improved.

My Model 3 is 47,000 km "old" now, and I have never had even one of the issues you list. I have, on the other hand, had both trunks not open, which Tesla promptly fixed in my home garage with Mobile Service. And on their own initiative fixed three other items (subject of service bulletins) that weren't even a problem for me.

Slow charging issues.
Steering column rattles.
Condensation in lights.

I must be an unfortunate one then. Picked up my M3P on Saturday no issues with the interior car is solid. Exterior bumper misaligned along with chrome door trim sticking out, and paint issues on front and rear bumper.

did it put me off hell no absolutely love the car. What will make the experience even better will be how quickly the issues get resolved. tip would be just to spend time when you collect the car to scrutinise and have them record any issues you have.

Reactions: Roy W.
4 days in...

Rattle from passenger side - identified as small plastic piece that sits in the corner where the windscreen meets the wing. Have clipped it back in, but has come loose again. Will need to book in.

Wonky steering wheel - reported to Tesla on day of collection but haven't booked it in yet as I need to secure a date off work to travel down to Leeds again. Apparently a quick fix.

Cracked windscreen - not a fault of Tesla, just unlucky. Victim to a large stone on the A19 which has delaminated the window right at the edge. Will have to speak to Autoglass and no doubt Tesla.

Update - 2020.8.1 appeared last night, but no matter what I do it will not progress from 'connect to WiFi to update'. I reckon I'll need to call Tesla to get them to push it out again.