Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone not like the Tesla 22" wheels after getting them?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not scientific, but going from my gut feeling and memory, most people typically go from 22" to 20" (and not the other way around). Main reason is range and concern about rim damage.

I recall them doing that for the winter, and it's something I typically do also. Just haven't heard anyone really complain about the factory 22" wheels. I've been looking and shopping around for some but really like the OEM ones.

I thought about this option, low cost for sure but if I decide to trade the car in to Tesla, they will not accept it due to it having aftermarket upgrades which are not easily undone.

l can't find the thread but someone else coated the wheels in a temporary finish. still very hardwearing but when ready to trade in at a later date, you can just peel of the coating....

looks amazing, professional and you can't even tell the difference between temporary coating and actual powder coating.

super easy :)

I would suggest that anyone who wants larger wheels buy something other than Tesla OEM. For the same (or even less) money you can get something much lighter that won't hit your range quite so hard. Seriously. I just took my 22's off to put some 20" wheels with snow tires. I can hardly lift my 22" wheels, and the bike scale I tried to measure them with tops out at about 50 lbs. and they are well over that. It's partly the size but they're also really f'in heavy. I'm not yoked by any means but I'm not out of shape either.

I would suggest that anyone who wants larger wheels buy something other than Tesla OEM. For the same (or even less) money you can get something much lighter that won't hit your range quite so hard. Seriously. I just took my 22's off to put some 20" wheels with snow tires. I can hardly lift my 22" wheels, and the bike scale I tried to measure them with tops out at about 50 lbs. and they are well over that. It's partly the size but they're also really f'in heavy. I'm not yoked by any means but I'm not out of shape either.

I've been looking around and waiting to hear back from Tesla. A lot of aftermarket wheels made specifically for the Tesla market are very pricey. Basically 10K for a set and tires...

solid-white-tesla-model-x-20-inch-wheel-tst-gloss-black-5.jpg

20" TST in Gloss Black on a Pearl White P90D.

20x9.0" front, 20x10.0" rear.

You can still use your OEM hardware from center caps, lug nuts, and tires.

We also provide Model X 20" wheel and tire packages for the TST.

We also offer a wide selection of 22" MX series forged wheels most of which are lighter than both the 20" oe wheels and 22" Turbine wheels:
22" Forged Wheels Archives - TSportline.com - Tesla Model S & Model X Accessories

Reactions: hiroshiy
A little perspective here. I just got a set of 20" TSW Interalgos in Matte Black and some Nokian WRG3 SUV tires for $3060 from Discount tire. No, I can't use the Tesla hub cap, or the lug nuts. Same price for the Tsportline 20" Matte Black with the Pirelli winter tire is $3900 less the current $500 discount (which I thought had expired when I ordered my wheels and tires) makes $3400.

So, yeah, I had to do some of my own leg work but I ended up saving what I thought would be close to $900 but only turned out to be $340. I also got some wheels that look a bit different than the turbine 22's. :p:cool:;)

A little perspective here. I just got a set of 20" TSW Interalgos in Matte Black and some Nokian WRG3 SUV tires for $3060 from Discount tire. No, I can't use the Tesla hub cap, or the lug nuts. Same price for the Tsportline 20" Matte Black with the Pirelli winter tire is $3900 less the current $500 discount (which I thought had expired when I ordered my wheels and tires) makes $3400.

So, yeah, I had to do some of my own leg work but I ended up saving what I thought would be close to $900 but only turned out to be $340. I also got some wheels that look a bit different than the turbine 22's. :p:cool:;)

Can you post pictures?

solid-white-tesla-model-x-20-inch-wheel-tst-gloss-black-5.jpg

20" TST in Gloss Black on a Pearl White P90D.

20x9.0" front, 20x10.0" rear.

You can still use your OEM hardware from center caps, lug nuts, and tires.

We also provide Model X 20" wheel and tire packages for the TST.

We also offer a wide selection of 22" MX series forged wheels most of which are lighter than both the 20" oe wheels and 22" Turbine wheels:
22" Forged Wheels Archives - TSportline.com - Tesla Model S & Model X Accessories
What is the rim weight on these compared to factory 20?