Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone notice an increase in range after software update to 20195.15 f5def7e

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is that Tesla made the buffers a little smaller to use more kilowatts that are in the battery and were previously buffer protected
So my usable KW from 100% to 1 mile range left was 68.42 and there was a stop for lunch for about an hour and another 10 min stop, TeslaFi seems to calculate total usable battery at 68.8 kw which seems right based on my usage, would be interesting if jumped above 72 kw now, I seriously doubt this would be the case though.

Disappointed to report that I charged to 100% for a trip and I’m still getting the 313 miles I originally had with the car, and i’m now on version 2019.8.5

Any others seem to not get the range update. I have the release note of the Peak Power update and I am driving a February 2018 LR RWD

The LR RWD always had longer range than 310, but Tesla choose to keep it in line with AWD so that AWD (which has higher profit margins) would not sell poorly.

Rated correctly, the LR RWD with 18" aeros would be EPA rated at 332, which also puts it very close to the S100D range.

Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com

firmware 8.4 seems to have removed the extra range and so it's back to reporting 310 on my car with 1100 miles on it. It took about 10 charges for that to show up, wasn't instant.