TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone Notice Headlight Indicator is Always on after 2019.40.50.7?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by cedman77, Jan 8, 2020.

1. cedman77

cedman77 New Member

My head light indicator remains constantly on now. I've always had it set for auto. It's still auto now, but my head light indicator is always on now. In the past when I went into a tunnel or parking structure, the head lights would turn on automatically. If I toggle it off and then to auto, it doesn't seem to change anything.

Today its sunny day in SoCal. If i switch it to "Off" head lights turn off. I switch it to "Auto" the head lights completely turn on. Its not the day time running light like it's been in the past.

2. tvad

tvad Member

I haven't noticed this on or Model 3 with 2019.40.50.7, but you might try a reboot by simultaneously pressing the left and right steering wheel buttons.

Our voice commands weren't working yesterday...and it seemed the mic was not working...so I did the reboot and the voice commands worked again.

Worth a try.

• Funny x 1
  3. cedman77

cedman77 New Member

Completely forgot about voice commands!! My mic doesn't pick anything up. I think i tried 10 times to open the glovebox and it only picked my voice once. I'll reboot and see if that fixes both issues. Thanks

4. swaltner

swaltner Active Member

I noticed that once, but it hasn’t happened every time. There are a couple threads here reporting similar experiences.

5. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Active Member

Have not had that issue.

6. Ssmtsx

Ssmtsx Member

Mine turn off but they are a lot more sensitive. Just driving under a overpass turns them on.

7. RFM3_2018

RFM3_2018 Member

Yes, this has happened to me but not as much in the latest update. Seems a lot better now but below is a shot from .5. Look how sunny it is! they changed something. IMG_6521.jpeg

8. jrweiss98020

jrweiss98020 Tessa's Tesla

I had to reboot to get the visualizations, but headlights work fine in auto.

9. cedman77

cedman77 New Member

I'm just having all kinds of fun on my end. Rebooting fixed my always on head lights and mic issues, but I haven't seen any of the new visualizations. So far, the only visualizations that I see are cones. No stops signs or signal lights. I don't have FSD so I don't know if that is a requirement to see them.

• Like x 1
  10. tvad

tvad Member

I believe, but not certain, that FSD is indeed required to see the advanced road visualization icons.

11. Ronbo

Ronbo Member

You don’t need FSD to see the new visualization icons. Make sure they are turned on via the Autopilot menu.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. cedman77

cedman77 New Member

Thank you, I can't believe I missed that toggle. Once I enabled it, they were all there.