Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone notice their regen braking affected by 2022.20.6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the update. Went for a quick drive and couldn’t really tell if there is a difference. I want to say there is a slight improvement but hard to say. Will update after some more drives.

I'm on a road trip and currently in Orlando. Got the update notification for 2022.24.5 and downloaded at my hotel during a thunderstorm using my phone as a hotspot (just couldn't resist). Made a short trip to dinner and really couldn't tell any difference as far as regen braking goes.

But, dinner at Bahama Breeze was really good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prime1000
I have had the same feeling since this spring/ summer, that regen is lower than it was in the past. I also use my brakes more often than before in city driving. Regen does seem just as strong at highway speeds.

I have a theory that people with no regen setting (2021 and up) have complained enough that regen is too high and that they cannot adjust that they reduced regen for everyone in "normal" setting. It is quite frustrating.

I have had the same feeling since this spring/ summer, that regen is lower than it was in the past. I also use my brakes more often than before in city driving. Regen does seem just as strong at highway speeds.

I have a theory that people with no regen setting (2021 and up) have complained enough that regen is too high and that they cannot adjust that they reduced regen for everyone in "normal" setting. It is quite frustrating.
Interesting theory. Definitely sucks how weak it has become. Whole point is to reduce brake wear. Can’t imagine how it will be once colder weather hits.

There's an easy solution to all this... release an update which provides more regen options. I can't imagine it's very difficult as it's just a software setting which they've already released in previous builds...

snow mode (no regen) > low regen > mid regen > high regen > perpetual energy mode (ultra high)

or better yet, just give us a slider bar with a wide range and give the user precise control.

Have noticed regen is much weaker (especially at speeds below 20 mph) in recent months and regen bar never gets close to far left as it used to (in fact, I don't think it's reached the "D" point, even after 100 miles in 70 degree temps. Took to service and was told this was normal- they wouldn't even acknowledge it was a result of a software update.

I definitely noticed and continue to notice that the regen is weaker than in the past and at times it seems like it isn't doing it at all. I posted this in another thread yesterday, as it seems that there are several threads on this subject. It is unnerving at times because you get used to one pedal driving and then you have to hit the brakes unexpectedly. I notice it more at faster speed and especially going downhill. Original post:

I'm also experiencing regen braking issues with my M3 AWD, but in my case, it seems like regen braking isn't working at all. For example, going 65 MPH downhill after coming out of the Caldecott Tunnel, I lift of the accellerator and it seems as if there is no regen at all. It feels like the car is still accelerating or perhaps going into neutral, but definitely not slowing. I have to apply the brakes and sometimes firmly. I'm now on SW version 2022.44.25.1 but noticed this in prior releases.

I definitely noticed and continue to notice that the regen is weaker than in the past and at times it seems like it isn't doing it at all. I posted this in another thread yesterday, as it seems that there are several threads on this subject. It is unnerving at times because you get used to one pedal driving and then you have to hit the brakes unexpectedly. I notice it more at faster speed and especially going downhill. Original post:

I'm also experiencing regen braking issues with my M3 AWD, but in my case, it seems like regen braking isn't working at all. For example, going 65 MPH downhill after coming out of the Caldecott Tunnel, I lift of the accellerator and it seems as if there is no regen at all. It feels like the car is still accelerating or perhaps going into neutral, but definitely not slowing. I have to apply the brakes and sometimes firmly. I'm now on SW version 2022.44.25.1 but noticed this in prior releases.
Toggle the "Apply physical brakes" switch. It will fix your one pedal all the time issue.

Reactions: JKad