Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone notice Wh/mi increase after uncorking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had my MX 75D uncorked. As expected, my Wh/mi spiked shortly afterwards as I was "testing" the increase in acceleration. However, I've noticed that my consumption has increased from ~350 Wh/mi to ~390 Wh/mi driving the same roads at the same speeds. Has anyone else noticed this? It is getting a bit colder and wetter here in the PNW so perhaps the weather is the main contributing factor?

Has anyone tested their consumption after uncorking and compared it to pre-uncorked numbers?

I recently had my MX 75D uncorked. As expected, my Wh/mi spiked shortly afterwards as I was "testing" the increase in acceleration. However, I've noticed that my consumption has increased from ~350 Wh/mi to ~390 Wh/mi driving the same roads at the same speeds. Has anyone else noticed this? It is getting a bit colder and wetter here in the PNW so perhaps the weather is the main contributing factor?

Has anyone tested their consumption after uncorking and compared it to pre-uncorked numbers?
My consumption went up a similar amount the past few days. No change in car, but avg temp dropped 15 degrees.

Reactions: bhzmark
I thought my consumption improved after the "uncorking". I don't find it is faster the first few feet, but definitely continues to build speed a bit longer and lifts the front end.

I'm guessing that the uncork didn't work then, you'll definitely notice a huge power increase from zero (or from anything up to 50mph).

I've noticed that my consumption has increased from ~350 Wh/mi to ~390 Wh/mi driving the same roads at the same speeds. Has anyone else noticed this? It is getting a bit colder and wetter here in the PNW so perhaps the weather is the main contributing factor?

It can only be a combination of weather and acceleration. You have more power available, but if really not using it then your efficiency is unchanged. I expect you are accelerating a little faster even if you don't notice after a while. I find that with performance increases, you quite quickly re-calibrate your brain until it becomes the norm.

I just got mine uncorked today and I'm going to go back to the SC and ask them for a P badge to put in front of my 75D. The acceleration is phenomenal, it's like a mini-ludicrous mode! The higher acceleration will produce higher power consumption but when driven normally my consumption was the same as before. I encourage everyone who is eligible to get this done. The performance upgrade will literally floor you!

I’ve done a few thousand kilometres since uncorking and my usage hasn’t changed.
Was 197Wh/km historically (40,000kms) and since uncork has been 198Wh/km.

How are you guys getting such crazy low WH/km?? My overall average since buying the car is 253 Wh/km....

In the Summer days I'm usually getting 250....currently I'm getting around 300-350 WH/km...

Speeds *in theory* might have been....130km/hr - 150km/hr on the highways.

How are you guys getting such crazy low WH/km?? My overall average since buying the car is 253 Wh/km....

In the Summer days I'm usually getting 250....currently I'm getting around 300-350 WH/km...

Speeds *in theory* might have been....130km/hr - 150km/hr on the highways.

- Pretty slow driving (Australia has an annoyingly low max speed limit of 110kph, and very diligent police)
- 19" tyres
- Mild weather, rarely lower than 10C, usually in the 20s.

- Pretty slow driving (Australia has an annoyingly low max speed limit of 110kph, and very diligent police)
- 19" tyres
- Mild weather, rarely lower than 10C, usually in the 20s.

That could be it....PS: if you think 110kph is mild....Canadian limits are 100....at 150km/hr we get the following gift:
1) $10,000 fine
2) Road side impound
3) 30 day license suspension

I have the standard 20" tires....

Temperatures play a factor, but very rarely have I been able to get anything lower than 220-230 even with the "perfect weather" where neither AC nor heat is required.

That could be it....PS: if you think 110kph is mild....Canadian limits are 100....at 150km/hr we get the following gift:
1) $10,000 fine
2) Road side impound
3) 30 day license suspension

I have the standard 20" tires....

Temperatures play a factor, but very rarely have I been able to get anything lower than 220-230 even with the "perfect weather" where neither AC nor heat is required.
Firstly, ouch! That's a big fine. Having said that, I think 50kph over would be pretty brutal here too.

However, the big difference is that you're in a Model X! I'm in an S. The SUV shape has more drag, that will be the major difference.