Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone ordered CPO Car from LA recently?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have ordered my first Model S yaaay, and not received any communication other than the confirmation of my booking. my car was traded in at the Buena Park, CA location and my delivery is also at the same location. Even after one and a half week I hear not progress from SR.

Is anybody here who is purchasing it from Buena Park location, do you guys have had a similar experience?

Thanks,

I also purchased a cpo about the same time and all I got was the car added to my tesla account so I filed some paperwork and got an estimate for my trade

Did I understand correctly and you already traded your car in before delivery? Is there any advantage of soing that?

Btw my estimated time is still 4 more weeks after calling the ds

Hi,

I have ordered my first Model S yaaay, and not received any communication other than the confirmation of my booking. my car was traded in at the Buena Park, CA location and my delivery is also at the same location. Even after one and a half week I hear not progress from SR.

Is anybody here who is purchasing it from Buena Park location, do you guys have had a similar experience?

Thanks,

I bought my CPO from Buena Park and it was "located there" at the time of deposit. It really does not matter where the car is, the process is the same. They do not begin the reconditioning process until after a buyer puts down the $1000 deposit. From there, they evaluate the car for needed repair, then perform any needed repairs. The car then goes through a final inspection prior to delivery. If anything is spotted during that inspection, it could delay delivery even more.

The process takes 3-6 weeks and this should have been mentioned to you when you placed the deposit. Mine only took 3.5 weeks, but I have heard of much longer.

Lots of good info in this thread:

My CPO buying experience timeline

I also purchased a cpo about the same time and all I got was the car added to my tesla account so I filed some paperwork and got an estimate for my trade

Did I understand correctly and you already traded your car in before delivery? Is there any advantage of soing that?

Btw my estimated time is still 4 more weeks after calling the ds
No I did not trade my car yet, I told them I wanted to trade but no progress on it either.

I put my deposit in on 1/5. It was radio silent even after 2 emails until today when I asked who the DS would be. Once I got a reply, I asked for pics for the car. Radio silence resumed.

Yesterday I have received another update from "Roberts Jones" (my DS) stating my Tesla is undergoing the reconditioning and they are waiting for parts to arrive, then the car will go to the body shop for bumper conditioning which takes the most of the time. tentatively my car will be ready for delivery within three weeks...

Yesterday I have received another update from "Roberts Jones" (my DS) stating my Tesla is undergoing the reconditioning and they are waiting for parts to arrive, then the car will go to the body shop for bumper conditioning which takes the most of the time. tentatively my car will be ready for delivery within three weeks...
Roberts emailed today! Car is in LA. It’s a 2016 with low miles so it should go quick. I just gotta be patient, he’s probably SWAMPED with all the cpo’s that have been bought this month.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Roberts is the OA and you’d probably be getting Emily as your DS.

Last I’ve heard is Roberts moved to Marina Del Rey.

I don’t really understand the big deal about their so-called DS since, in our case, they didn’t really do anything other than showing the car to us and then passed us to somebody else to finalize the paperwork.

Got an email today stating that my model S cleared all warranty checks and it is in the final stage... but at the end, it still says it will take two weeks.... OMG...
I got a similar phone call from my OA on Friday; however the car is not local to me that's why she thought it may take a couple more weeks.

Is your car local or does it need to be shipped across states?