Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone own a red Model 3 or Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My fiancé is pushing for us to purchase a red Model 3, I don’t really want to spend the extra. Can anyone comment on the color? I know it’s a double coat, it does stand out quite a bit. I just wish it wasn’t 2600$ more

If anyone has any pics they could share of a 2021 M3, it would be great as well. I do like the red/black combo

Reactions: corlaandstan
My fiancé is pushing for us to purchase a red Model 3, I don’t really want to spend the extra. Can anyone comment on the color? I know it’s a double coat, it does stand out quite a bit. I just wish it wasn’t 2600$ more

If anyone has any pics they could share of a 2021 M3, it would be great as well. I do like the red/black combo
We have a 2018 M3 red MC with white interior & love it. , it is worth it & was $1600.00 CDN then. Amortized over X months, it is peanuts.

Reactions: malou
Red with ppf

Attachments

• 20210318_105623.jpg
    20210318_105623.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 525
Had a red Model S and switched over to a red 3. Pic of my 3 when I git it 2.5 years ago and a pic from 2 days ago. From stock to PPF and chrome delete plus a few aftermarket parts. Definitely seen tons of white and black Teslas, but red and blue is less common. Too bad Tesla doesn’t offer the titanium or silver colours still.

Attachments

• 1D77FC71-EA5E-49C0-81D3-BE1FF3FBD249.jpeg
    1D77FC71-EA5E-49C0-81D3-BE1FF3FBD249.jpeg
    767.2 KB · Views: 436
  • E034F966-DFF0-4CA9-B813-15485ABE13F6.jpeg
    E034F966-DFF0-4CA9-B813-15485ABE13F6.jpeg
    916.7 KB · Views: 525
Reactions: Smytty
I like the look of the 3 and Y in red, but not quite enough to own one myself (plus my partner is not a fan of red cars, so it was a non-starter anyway). I think one of the best features is that they are relatively rare. With only 5* color options and a LOT of 3/Y on the road around here, there's little visual variety. But I think largely due to the red being the most expensive option, I see it least so they stand out more (aside from that being a property of the color to begin with). On a related note, I think that's why I see more white (current "free" color) around here.

* excluding the silver color that was offered in early 3's before discontinuing, brown and green options that were available years ago on S/X, and of course any custom color-changing wraps.

I suggest seeing one IRL. The red paint is very nice, but pictures don't make it justice. I fell in love with red as soon as I first saw the car IRL at the Tesla location. Plus, around here at least, red Tesla are rare, so you can stand out a little ;)

But since you asked for pictures and I like sharing pictures of my car :D :

I have a 2019 red, with black/white interior. I plan those be owning the car for at least 10 years. I didn’t want 10 years of regretting having “settled” for colours I didn’t want. I don’t remember what I paid for the paint. Even if it was $2600, that would be at most, $260/year or less than 75¢/day for that satisfaction.

I was hesitant about getting the white/black interior, but after two years it remains unblemished... even after someone spilt a berry smoothie on the passenger seat and didn’t mention it to me for an hour.

Reactions: Smytty

AF7164F3-B74D-4376-9B00-A2EB182F8083.jpeg

Here’s mine. It’s a 2020 with chrome delete, and powder coated 19” wheels. I did ppf on the front and rockers, and ceramic coated the whole thing myself.

I gotta say I love the red. Depending on the light, it looks different, but always fantastic. I’ve had lots of people comment on how they love the colour. To me, it was worth the $2600 just to not be driving something that’s white. There are two other white model 3s within a block of my house and I see them everywhere. Lots of MSM as well. If you want red, go for it, you’ll love it.

Had a red Model S and switched over to a red 3. Pic of my 3 when I git it 2.5 years ago and a pic from 2 days ago. From stock to PPF and chrome delete plus a few aftermarket parts. Definitely seen tons of white and black Teslas, but red and blue is less common. Too bad Tesla doesn’t offer the titanium or silver colours still.
Beautiful - what rims are those btw?

General question - how is the red holding up for those who didn’t get PPF? And for those who did get PPF,. Did you get full body or just the hood/bumper?

My 2021 M3 is red. My wife pushed for the color (I didn’t see the point in $2k for a color), but I’m glad she did. It’s a beautiful look.

FBF2F117-D7EE-406F-BD00-9A5005584953.jpeg

Reactions: angus[Y]oung