Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone own a Tesla in Gainesville, FL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Swampgator

Apr 27, 2016
Florida
I have a buddy up there considering a Tesla. Curious about mobile service? For major service, Jacksonville?
I know they are putting a Supercharger in Gainesville, but it has been under "permit" for months!

Moderator's note: Posting edited to remove political remark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live near Gainesville. Getting to be quite a few Tesla's here. Jax is closest for repairs. Had Mobile scv once with my old model S, it was great. The Butler plaza supercharger is supposed to be built next month
Good to hear that. Yeah the Butler plaza thing has taken forever. I went up for couple of games this year and had to charge on my friends 120v. Charging options in general are not too good up there. The new Fairfield Inn does have destination charging though if anyone needs a good place to stay.

The Butler plaza supercharger is supposed to be built next month
Hi John,

I believe that media reports that hope for an openig by next month are overly optimistic. As far as we know a building permit has not been approved yet and construction has not yet started. If so, it is extremely unlikely that this Supercharger Station will be operational by next month.

Larry

Updates and discussion of the Gainesville Supercharger installation should be in this thread that is dedicated to the topic: Confirmed the location of the “Coming Soon” Gainesville Supercharger Station will be at Butler Plaza
Moderators' Note: Thank you. That is correct (By the way the that future Supercharger Station at Butler Plaza finally received it's approved building permit yesterday, Feb 15, 2019.)

Any Tesla owners living in or near Gainesville wishing to discuss the original poster's question should continue to post in this thread.

Larry