Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone paint their headlights but not every surface?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering painting my headlight buckets, but leaving the shroud around the projector chrome. I've seen this on some other vehicles and thought it looked nice, but all the headlights I've seen on an S have been completely blacked out. Anyone not go all the way and leave some chrome?

I recently did mine in semi-gloss black and frosted the LED strips as well. Leaving the projector housings chrome might be a bit distracting IMO, too much contrast with the black and "white". What might look good is a frosted halo/angel eye ring around the projector housing. There is already a small groove/channel where it could fit too.

Attachments

• 2020-08-12.jpg
    2020-08-12.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 82
I'm considering painting my headlight buckets, but leaving the shroud around the projector chrome. I've seen this on some other vehicles and thought it looked nice, but all the headlights I've seen on an S have been completely blacked out. Anyone not go all the way and leave some chrome?

I always thought this would look good and was actually about to do it. My Lexus GS has headlights like this and it looks pretty cool. I even got cores to play around with but I ended up just getting a newer car. I was basically going to leave the chrome and only black out the satin silver areas of the housing. Was kinda going for this look.
5FC2C386-0E6D-4071-BF7B-2448802B3190.jpeg