Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone park outside exclusively?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M3FNATIK

Recovering BMW Addict
Nov 9, 2019
SoCal
I have a 3 car garage but the 3rd one holds all the kids toys, 2nd fridge, and our treadmill so it looks like I may have to park the Model 3 outside exclusively. I plan to tint the car with 3M Colorstable film and 3M Crystalline on the windshield. How are others who park outside, is the paint holding up? Any premature wear on seals, rubber trim, etc?

30 years of vehicle ownership and have never had a garage or carport. The Teslas are faring the weather just as well as the best of all our previous vehicles. They've even gone through grape-size hail storms, twice, without any damage.

Reactions: M3FNATIK
my model 3 stays outside, wife gets the garage and I am too much of a wimp to park 2 cars in the 2 car garage... LOL all good so far. I did have a 5 yr ceramic coating and glassparency added about 5 months into ownership. 15 months and a hot Eastern NC summer later... all is good

Parking outside exclusively - UNDER A TREE (designated parking spot meeeh) with new constructions on the neighboring lot and 2 additional ones across the street. Had ceramic coating applied one day after delivery. In the summer, I was too lazy for 2 weeks to wash it and 2 bird droppings seemed to have left their mark in the paint for good, couldn't remove them with just CarPro reset and/or TarX. Might have to polish it out. Using a car cover now 90% of the time so it stays clean and shiny. Would kill for a garage right now.

Reactions: M3FNATIK
I have to park outside all the time. LIke others have noted, it has held up very well. I do highly recommend paint protection and frequent car washes. For paint protection, at a minimum, I would apply a synthetic sealant once every 3 to 4 months. I would also consider more elaborate options like PPF and ceramic coatings. I also like to apply a rubber rejuvinator and protectant once every 6 months to all the rubber seals.

I have a 3 car garage but the 3rd one holds all the kids toys, 2nd fridge, and our treadmill so it looks like I may have to park the Model 3 outside exclusively. I plan to tint the car with 3M Colorstable film and 3M Crystalline on the windshield. How are others who park outside, is the paint holding up? Any premature wear on seals, rubber trim, etc?

Your neighbors will always appreciate you parking it inside

I've park my Model 3 outside in the driveway for the past year plus (pearl white/black interior). I do have full PPF on it and ceramic pro and it cleans great. The bird and bee poop comes off really easily.

As for the interior, with this being my first summer with the car, I did buy a solar sunscreen for the windshield to protect the interior and electronics and use Tesla's solar shade for the driver's overhead glass. Also use cabin overheat protection setting during our hotter months.

Can't say I've noticed any issues with the exterior or interior.