Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone planning to get buried in their Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, if getting buried in the specialy made Harley casket took 4 or more plots, the Model S will certainly take many more... And around here plots are about $2,500 each, so nope, wouldn't be worth spending for 8 or more plots all together (not to mention the specialy made cement vault you would also require). A much better use is to give it to one of your relatives, or donate it to a charity to auction off.
It's a bit morbid but...

If a Model X fits 7 adults, you can fit 7 adults in those 8 plots so it's not that much of a cost premium.

Or maybe not get buried. Get frozen and cryogenicially preserved until the Earth has only EV's and the Mars colony is self sustaining.

Personally I plan on donating my body to science.

When it's time to go, I'll just hook a hose to the tailpipe and... oh... wait... Guess that's the one advantage of ICE over electric.

I was wondering what everyone was going to do with their ICE cars after the EV revolution makes their resale value plummet. Black market ICE assisted suicide. You are a genius!

I was wondering what everyone was going to do with their ICE cars after the EV revolution makes their resale value plummet. Black market ICE assisted suicide. You are a genius!
I expect something like the CRT situation. If you saw the writing on the wall, you donated or otherwise discarded your CRT. Now you have to pay a fee to get of them.

- - - Updated - - -

In the latest Frankenstein movie "I, Frankenstein"' they had to use 15,000 Joules :)
Let's see. Random web converter says 15,000 Joules = 0.004166... kWh. So you can create 20,000+ Frankenstein monsters from a fully charged 85 kWh Model S.

I think we found the (future) source of the zombie apocalypse.

Not really, all 7 would need to die at the same time.
They don't typically reopen a grave, once they've had the burial.

Over here they do. Every time a new family member has to be buried. We don't use a new grave for every new burial. Especially if the grave is a tomb anyway, like the one my paternal side of the family tree "uses". But judging by the size of that tomb, I would need to get me a Smart ed to be buried in, not a Model S. At least that's Tesla tech too... :wink: