Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone powder coated their Inductions in gloss black?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Schulz1983

Model Y LR AWD: Matte PPF, Vossen HF-1
May 14, 2021
High Ridge MO
My Inductions are currently at my wheel shop getting powder coated. I had one repaired and they matched the color wrong. They gave me a sweet deal to coat all of them so I decided to go with gloss black/clear coat on top. These are winter wheels so I was looking for ease of cleaning. My question is: for anyone that has powder coated their inductions, what did you do to make the center caps match? Is spray painting them all that is necessary, or should I be looking at other options? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: GeezerSquid
I purchased a set of gloss black Inductions from someone else and they did not come with center caps. I bought some off eBay and planned on spray painting them gloss black, but I think it looks fine as is.
F99B911A-479F-4DEA-90CB-918CA860EE51.jpeg
DF479D15-FB3F-4ABB-BB81-CAF12E42DA15.jpeg

I purchased a set of gloss black Inductions from someone else and they did not come with center caps. I bought some off eBay and planned on spray painting them gloss black, but I think it looks fine as is. View attachment 701457View attachment 701458
Interesting I may just leave them alone then. Worse case I figured I could just spray them with a plastic spray paint. I get them back today. Plan to put 265/40r20s on them to avoid the lip sticking out. This is the second one I have had repaired due to curb rash.

I purchased a set of gloss black Inductions from someone else and they did not come with center caps. I bought some off eBay and planned on spray painting them gloss black, but I think it looks fine as is.

The gloss black Inductions look good.

When spraying the plastic center caps, try using a gloss black paint and put on a handful of medium coats over it (not too light because you don't want a texture). Then use a glossy automotive clear coat spray paint and put on some nice & even thick coats. Thick enough so it's not textured but not too thick where it's going to run. Practice spraying onto something else first to get a feel for it. This should give the plastic center caps a deep rich black color to better match your gloss black powder coated wheels.