Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone purchase App upgrades (like boost, fsd, ...) - payment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking about buying FSD through the phone app. I clicked the add button to test, and it put it on my car specs list, but no payment was requested, no shopping cart, not confirmation with a click OK to continue button.
Come to find out, Tesla gave free FSD for three months for new model 3 buyers.
About a week later, the purchase FSD listing is back on my app. No charges or messages.

Anyway the question for those how have bought software upgrades from the phone app - how does one pay for an upgrade?

Did it prompt you to enter a credit card number?
Did it just charge the card you have on file?
Did they invoice you separately, and want a back ACH transfer?
Or what is the process flow?

When I took delivery of the car, I immediately updated the software on the car which took forever. Once that finished, I went to purchase the Acceleration Boost and it would stall every time I tried to use a different card instead of using Apple Pay (my 0% card wasn't connected to it). I'd choose to use a different card and a black screen with the Tesla logo would show on the screen but that's it. I tried multiple times until I decided to add the 0% card I wanted to use to Apply Pay and I went that route. It took the payment but I don't remember a confirmation page. I didn't receive an email about my purchase until much later. Anyway, it shut itself down and quickly rebooted and it was installed. It wasn't a smooth process whatsoever.