Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone purchase this 'CPO' P85DL in the last 24 hours?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pls be very careful buying a CPO. Read all the post about them. I tried over and over. I was not allowed to see it, drive it. I could not get service record. I had to pay for it before i could see it. I finally gave up and bought from Benz dealer. Paid cash and got a great deal.
Buyer beware when buying something u can't drive , look at.
Good luck .

• Disagree
Reactions: sorka and Don TLR
I actually bought my first one under the previous CPO program (when it really was 'CPO'). I didn't get to drive it, or even get the 'quality' pics that are out there under today's program - and I couldn't be happier. I think with the expansive warranty coverage - even if you only get the 2 year version - it is a pretty good piece of mind to know they will fix just about anything that isn't cosmetic. Of course there are always exceptions, but I am very happy with the purchase.

#P68066
If so - congrats!!
Had my eye on this one, and was really deliberating pulling the trigger on the upgrade from the 85D to the P85D - and this one even had Ludicrous! I kept watching it drop, got all the way down to $49k....I should have known.

2014 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1H27EFP68066 | False, Fa | Tesla

What made you think that car had ludicrous?Screenshot from ev-cpo says it doesn't,

evcpo.png

Same thing on Tesla Info: a guide to buying and owning plus all inventory listings

tesinfo.png

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
Interesting... I didn't see the pictures but I'd agree if it was in the cluster, if it was on the rear it could be stuck on, and that means these CPO sites can get it wrong.

No, the CPO sites don't get it wrong. The data is only as good as Tesla puts out. In the case of P85Ds with Ludicrous, that was option added after production, and the option codes do not reflect any changes or options added after the fact (except in a few rare cases). Even on Tesla's own website that car did not show the Ludicrous option.

No, the CPO sites don't get it wrong. The data is only as good as Tesla puts out. In the case of P85Ds with Ludicrous, that was option added after production, and the option codes do not reflect any changes or options added after the fact (except in a few rare cases). Even on Tesla's own website that car did not show the Ludicrous option.

You defend far too strongly - your site lists that car incorrectly, the fact that the data you show is the same as the data Tesla gives you does not negate that fact.

I find it strange that for a while now, no 85s have been listed with ludicrous. I think Tesla is willing to give it away for the chance that the people looking for ludicrous go to a 90. Wonder if those are having trouble selling due to the rep of the 90 packs?

I find it strange that for a while now, no 85s have been listed with ludicrous. I think Tesla is willing to give it away for the chance that the people looking for ludicrous go to a 90. Wonder if those are having trouble selling due to the rep of the 90 packs?

It does seem strange that there are 38 P85D's currently listed in ev-cpo and none of them have ludicrous mode.

I don't think they identify ones that are or aren't. Why I don't know. That would be a huge selling point to me.

Also, I asked my Tesla sales rep, and he insisted there is no such thing as a P85D ludicrous. I tried to explain to him there was, but again, he insisted they don't exist. lol

• Funny
Reactions: Blup85 and byeLT4
You defend far too strongly - your site lists that car incorrectly, the fact that the data you show is the same as the data Tesla gives you does not negate that fact.

So why don’t you place the fault with Tesla where it belongs? Instead you blast the “CPO sites" of which you are constantly hyper-critical.

Since Ludicrous was an after market option for all P85Ds, none will show Ludicrous in the options list when originally sold as new. In a few very rare cases did Tesla update the options list. That’s why they do not show on Tesla’s site or any site using data from Tesla. If a Tesla used P85D has Ludicrous, it’s just a super bonus for the buyer.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: byeLT4