TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone purchase this 'CPO' P85DL in the last 24 hours?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Sprandt23, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

#P68066
    If so - congrats!!
    Had my eye on this one, and was really deliberating pulling the trigger on the upgrade from the 85D to the P85D - and this one even had Ludicrous! I kept watching it drop, got all the way down to $49k....I should have known.

2014 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1H27EFP68066 | False, Fa | Tesla

• Like x 1
  2. trident

trident Member

Nice car.

• Like x 1
  3. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

Pls be very careful buying a CPO. Read all the post about them. I tried over and over. I was not allowed to see it, drive it. I could not get service record. I had to pay for it before i could see it. I finally gave up and bought from Benz dealer. Paid cash and got a great deal.
    Buyer beware when buying something u can't drive , look at.
    Good luck .

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  4. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

I actually bought my first one under the previous CPO program (when it really was 'CPO'). I didn't get to drive it, or even get the 'quality' pics that are out there under today's program - and I couldn't be happier. I think with the expansive warranty coverage - even if you only get the 2 year version - it is a pretty good piece of mind to know they will fix just about anything that isn't cosmetic. Of course there are always exceptions, but I am very happy with the purchase.

5. byeLT4

byeLT4 Member

Dang, that's the right color in and out (for me). Hopefully it turns out to be a great deal for someone!

6. tubaprde

tubaprde Member

What was the mileage and options? Thx

7. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

It had every option listed except Premium Interior, and no rear seats. Mileage was around 32k, but being a 2014 it only got the 2yr/100k warranty (not the 4 year).

8. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

What made you think that car had ludicrous?Screenshot from ev-cpo says it doesn't,

evcpo.png

Same thing on Tesla Info: a guide to buying and owning plus all inventory listings

tesinfo.png

• Informative x 1
  9. ordel

ordel Member

The photos showed an underline below the logo on the instrument cluster. That means it has ludicrous, which was presumably added after the initial build.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

Interesting... I didn't see the pictures but I'd agree if it was in the cluster, if it was on the rear it could be stuck on, and that means these CPO sites can get it wrong.

11. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

I first saw it on the badge, but it is confirmed on the shots of the instrument cluster with the underline. I havent seen very many of these come through the cpo/used channel.

12. EV-CPO

EV-CPO Vendor

No, the CPO sites don't get it wrong. The data is only as good as Tesla puts out. In the case of P85Ds with Ludicrous, that was option added after production, and the option codes do not reflect any changes or options added after the fact (except in a few rare cases). Even on Tesla's own website that car did not show the Ludicrous option.

13. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

You defend far too strongly - your site lists that car incorrectly, the fact that the data you show is the same as the data Tesla gives you does not negate that fact.

• Disagree x 3
  14. byeLT4

byeLT4 Member

I find it strange that for a while now, no 85s have been listed with ludicrous. I think Tesla is willing to give it away for the chance that the people looking for ludicrous go to a 90. Wonder if those are having trouble selling due to the rep of the 90 packs?

15. Zishan

Zishan Member

How did you get a shot of the screen? I asked my "Tesla used sales" rep and he blew me off.

16. StevenSD

StevenSD Member

It does seem strange that there are 38 P85D's currently listed in ev-cpo and none of them have ludicrous mode.

17. Zishan

Zishan Member

I don't think they identify ones that are or aren't. Why I don't know. That would be a huge selling point to me.

Also, I asked my Tesla sales rep, and he insisted there is no such thing as a P85D ludicrous. I tried to explain to him there was, but again, he insisted they don't exist. lol

• Funny x 2
  18. EV-CPO

EV-CPO Vendor

#18 EV-CPO, Mar 19, 2019 at 2:29 PM
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019 at 4:18 PM
    So why don’t you place the fault with Tesla where it belongs? Instead you blast the “CPO sites" of which you are constantly hyper-critical.

Since Ludicrous was an after market option for all P85Ds, none will show Ludicrous in the options list when originally sold as new. In a few very rare cases did Tesla update the options list. That’s why they do not show on Tesla’s site or any site using data from Tesla. If a Tesla used P85D has Ludicrous, it’s just a super bonus for the buyer.

• Informative x 1
  19. Upscaleman

Upscaleman Member

Can I have your rep's phone number?

20. Upscaleman

Upscaleman Member

I've read a number of posts from people who purchased CPO's and got a bonus ludicrous they weren't expecting.

• Like x 1