Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone purchase used from Tesla site?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are thinking about a used Model X and browsing on the tesla site from time to time.

Wondering if there is anyone on this forum who has purchased used from tesla.com? If so:
1. what was the term and rates?
2. was a test drive possible?
3. what was overall timeline?

Thanks in advance!

@juss20
1. what was the term and rates? I arranged for my own financing from RBC. Which incidentally is the same bank Tesla used on the initial application and the rate was 4.95 % over 72 months
2. was a test drive possible? No
3. what was overall timeline? I got mine in 10 days after filling out all the paperwork. Your mileage may vary

Reactions: juss20
@juss20
1. what was the term and rates? I arranged for my own financing from RBC. Which incidentally is the same bank Tesla used on the initial application and the rate was 4.95 % over 72 months
2. was a test drive possible? No
3. what was overall timeline? I got mine in 10 days after filling out all the paperwork. Your mileage may vary

Mine took 10 days too. Can confirm no test drive was possible.

It was a painful process though but would do it again

Reactions: juss20
@SilverGS was there a reason you didn't get the financing through Tesla? My rate was a lot lower (3.45% for 72 months) than anything the banks would offer me directly.
You got really lucky! The rate I was quoted was almost 5%. I got a better rate from my bank simply because I rolled it into my mortgage which was almost paid off - 2.79%. I figured it was worth it paying for it this was the difference was signifcant.

We are thinking about a used Model X and browsing on the tesla site from time to time.

Wondering if there is anyone on this forum who has purchased used from tesla.com? If so:
1. what was the term and rates?
2. was a test drive possible?
3. what was overall timeline?

Thanks in advance!

I ordered my used 2015 Model S on Tesla.com which was located in Toronto and Tesla shipped it to Vancouver for me. Tesla charged $2000 extra to have it shipped but the prices in Ontario and Quebec were much much better. It took about 1 month to arrive.

No test drive but I was able to fully inspect the car before completing the transaction.

EV-CPO.com is your friend for searching multiple locations and be aware that Tesla used prices are often random but the prices drop almost everyday until sold.

Just ordered a 3 on Monday night. 96@ 3.6% RBC financing through Tesla.

so far has seemed less then stellar experience but I’m sure it’s worth the wait. I’m not complaining but basically waited 2 days no contact so made a call and was told to forward my confirmation to the delivering dealer.

no reply so emailed again and was basically told wait for 1-2 weeks and they will be in touch once car arrives.

Been watching used Model 3's on EV-CPO. A Mid-Range showed up last month with FSD and was listed for $56,700. This morning its sitting at $61,100! One of the LR-RWD models with FSD went up by $1k as well.

Is it normal for FSD-equipped cars to get upward fluctuations in price?

Prices on Tesla's site go up and down in big swings. It's not un-expected. They will gradually lower the price on cars once a day or every two days, until it reaches a bottom point, and then jack it back up $1k, $2k, or even $5k or more. They're hoping to catch the quick buyer at the high price.

Been watching used Model 3's on EV-CPO. A Mid-Range showed up last month with FSD and was listed for $56,700. This morning its sitting at $61,100! One of the LR-RWD models with FSD went up by $1k as well.

Is it normal for FSD-equipped cars to get upward fluctuations in price?

Yep.....the pricing on used Teslas on their own website is insane. It's typical to see these cars swing up/down by thousands of dollars from day to day. ev-cpo is a great site to track fluctuations, I would say it's a necessity if buying a used Tesla.

Reactions: EV-CPO
Also, would it be possible to order cars in Vancouver from Toronto and have it either shipped here or be able to pick it up in BC? I saw that on US website there is information about vehicle shipping but not on Canadian one.

Tesla will ship it to another location in Canada for $2000 and it takes a month or more to transport. Or you can pick it up and drive it home. At least that's what they offered me in October and I assume it is the same now.

I found a used 2020 Model 3 LR AWD for around $3000 less than a new one with the same colour. Under 4000 km, manufacture date 12/2019 I can see a small scratch and some dirt in the photos but it otherwise looks good.

Trade value offered was 30% higher than a third party dealer that also sold Teslas.

2020 M3 LR AWD, $3K off new, trade 30% higher makes this really tempting.