Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Purchased the Hansshow Heads-up Display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I was wondering if anyone has purchased the Hansshow heads-up display, and what your experiences are? I really miss having a heads-up display, but don't want to waste my money if it isn't useful.

model-3-aftermarket-heads-up-display-1-1.jpg

Let us know how you like it. Also the early 2019 or possibly just 2018s and earlier Model 3 have a different OBD connector in the center console. Let us know if the included OBD "tap" connector works for you.

I've been considering this one as well, but we may have to use another OBD adapter and tap into it.

Not to be picky but so many folks write this - you only have one head - its a Head-Up display. :)
I had them on previous cars and really liked it, not sure how useful it is on a Tesla since, as many point out, the large display is so close and easily legible. That said, I can see the allure if they work well and can be set to display the things of most interest to you (speed being one naturally)

I had a similar unit installed and used it for about a month.

Main takeaways:
- I found a HUD to be more distracting. 98% of the time I don't need to know my current speed, but it's always there glowing. My eye tend to want to switch focus to the HUD every one in a while.
- These units use an internal GPS to tell speed, so it's always lagging behind the real speed by a second, which gets annoying.

That was more than a year ago. Cleaned up my garage last week and it's about to be thrown out.

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about that I ordered off AliExpress above. I like the light on the front that shows if you are pulling power or regenerating
And I was UNABLE to install the Aliexpress HUD (not the Hansshow) on my TM3, I have the 2018 that had the old smaller connector style, and the HUD arrived with the bigger connector. I contacted them to get the correct cable and instead they sent me an RMA. I did get my money back, but I guess they don't offer the connector for the 2018s.

I did get the CANServer and the OBD II adapter working. It's alright, but now that I have seen ALL the info that is available I want a serious display binnacle like the S/X has behind the wheel

Reactions: ModLTh3 and Timbo2