Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone recalls what Enhanced Autopilot includes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 December built Model 3 LR with the EAP option. Does anyone recall what the EAP is supposed to include? I am getting this Upgrade to FSD option in my Tesla app now but I vaguely recalled that some of the features of this FSD upgrades offered was listed as part of EAP. (e.g. on-off ramp)

I just want to see what features I will be missing if I do not get the FSD upgrade. The way Tesla is handling this kind of upgrade does leave a bad taste in the customer's mouth. (It is never good to give a candy then take it away later) My wife is telling me to sell the car instead of upgrade and finish up our Taycan order now and this is from die-hard Tesla fan family. (See my sig) (And she is already upset with the Premium Connectivity subscription...)

You’re welcome. Here’s the original config image.

DE7214C9-F65B-4FF2-90A4-1D0C03F71ADC.jpeg

Hm? Autopark has been there for a long time. It doesn't work all that well though (it's slow, often it simply doesn't show up when it should, and it sometimes scrapes the wheels against the curb when parallel parking).

But no, as of now FSD does not add anything if you have EAP.

There was some verbiage added at one point that implied smart summon would also be able to park itself when it found a space. That’s all that’s missing from EAP at this point but smart summon was never part of the original sales pitch so who knows.

There was some verbiage added at one point that implied smart summon would also be able to park itself when it found a space. That’s all that’s missing from EAP at this point but smart summon was never part of the original sales pitch so who knows.

Tesla has always been inconsistent so I guess we just have to wait and see. For me, the Nav-on-autopilot and lane change are the ones I used the most. The rest are not as critical. Smart Summon is not quite smart so I never have the gut to trust it anyway.

Ah, ok. But that's not available with FSD either.
I thought smart summon was FSD only.
I can't tell because I got the FSD add on earlier this year, so not use it its in EAP or FSD
Nope, EAP includes Smart Summon.

I have a 2017 December built Model 3 LR with the EAP option. Does anyone recall what the EAP is supposed to include? I am getting this Upgrade to FSD option in my Tesla app now but I vaguely recalled that some of the features of this FSD upgrades offered was listed as part of EAP. (e.g. on-off ramp)

I just want to see what features I will be missing if I do not get the FSD upgrade. The way Tesla is handling this kind of upgrade does leave a bad taste in the customer's mouth. (It is never good to give a candy then take it away later) My wife is telling me to sell the car instead of upgrade and finish up our Taycan order now and this is from die-hard Tesla fan family. (See my sig) (And she is already upset with the Premium Connectivity subscription...)

Unpopular opinion here, but if you have EAP, then there is absolutely NO reason to upgrade to FSD now. I'm very happy with the functionality of the EAP, and who knows when any of the functions of FSD will be enabled for real. And based on the way my car drives now on AP, it'll be a while before I fully trust it anyway.

BTW, Porsche owner here. The Taycan is going to be a BEAST if you can stomach the range. I'm curious as to the reports of much higher than EPA rated range being observed by real users. I can't stomach the price on a car that I drive nearly 30k per year....I'm not that loaded! But man, by all reports, it's a true Porsche.

Reactions: Sherlo
Unpopular opinion here, but if you have EAP, then there is absolutely NO reason to upgrade to FSD now. I'm very happy with the functionality of the EAP, and who knows when any of the functions of FSD will be enabled for real. And based on the way my car drives now on AP, it'll be a while before I fully trust it anyway.

BTW, Porsche owner here. The Taycan is going to be a BEAST if you can stomach the range. I'm curious as to the reports of much higher than EPA rated range being observed by real users. I can't stomach the price on a car that I drive nearly 30k per year....I'm not that loaded! But man, by all reports, it's a true Porsche.

EAP was a great deal and while the object perception abilities will start to diverge soon the logic for NoA and smart summon should keep improving.

I got FSD on the $2,000 fire sale but if I hadn’t I would be totally satisfied with EAP.