Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone receive a car without the Tech Package yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
> Guess our next questions are what is the bulb type and how quickly can i change them out? [scole04]

I'd suggest waiting until you get the S home, although you could try to get Tesla Shop mechanics to rip into the halogens for you (they enjoy honing such skills). Hope you don't install those retina-searing blue lights. IMO you want warm spectrum if at all possible unless you wear pale yellow night driving glasses to make the conversion to 'warm'.

I've avoided driving the S at night. Not ready to start tempting big game with a silent car just yet.
--

Guess our next questions are what is the bulb type and how quickly can i change them out?

I'd imagine it's possible, but would be expensive, the ballasts and bulbs and general stuff that makes up the xenon lights is the expensive part, but it would presumably fit fine... I'm sure a service centre could give you a more accurate answer :p

Thanks for the pics. What about the little light strip/leds that are mounted vertically, under the headlights, near the sides of the car. Is that part of the Tech package or is it Standard DRL?

This thing:

IMG_2587.JPG