Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone received 2020.12.5 update yet in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the update but haven't tried it yet. Question, when viewing sentry clips can you search to the point the event was triggered, or do you have to watch the whole 10 min or so that gets saved? The online viewer I use attempts to skip to the event that triggered the mode, and it works most of the time. There should be some meta data that says the exact time an event was triggered so it would be nice if you could jump to that point to review the files.

Are you folks getting the updates still driving daily? I'm basically only going out 1 or 2x per week, so mostly the car is idle. I have usually gotten updates pretty quick, and I'm curious if the fact that I have driven maybe 10 km in the last 2 weeks might have something to do with it. Mostly curious, because even if I get the update its not like its going to change my current routine.
I got the 2020.12.5 update a couple days ago on Apr 8. I hadn't driven the car for the 4 straight days previous, so I don't think there's any correlation to active driving and timing of the updates (though I've driven >10km in 2wks). Note: I do have the Controls/Software/Software Update Preferences set to "Advanced", FWIW

p.s. beware that 2020.12.5 seems to break the USB music player, so you may be lucky not getting the update...
USB thumb drives no longer recognized

I have the update but haven't tried it yet. Question, when viewing sentry clips can you search to the point the event was triggered, or do you have to watch the whole 10 min or so that gets saved? The online viewer I use attempts to skip to the event that triggered the mode, and it works most of the time. There should be some meta data that says the exact time an event was triggered so it would be nice if you could jump to that point to review the files.

When a sentry event is triggered, the car automatically saves 9 minutes before hand and then 1 minute after the triggering event. So if you seek your video to shortly before the 9 minute mark, you should be able to quickly see what the triggering event. It would be nice for Tesla to give you a button that goes straight to the point in the video like this website: TeslaCam Video WebApp Player

Same with me. It's a random rollout structure. If we were at the front of the lines in the past there is no guarantee that will continue forever. Trying to make sense of the staged rollout logic will just cause you to pull your hair out :)

Hi Tony,
I'm not sure how the rollout works either. I've been checking for the past few days and it has said "Your car software is up to date". But I tried rebooting the car tonight, and after the reboot the update appeared. Score!

same here
I got very few actual dash cam footage
and they were back in March
Anyone having the same issue?
Yeah same with me, only saw a couple clips from March. I formatted my SD cardafter and went on a couple drives. Only Sentry clips were available for viewing. Going to try and honk to get it to save a clip today and see if I can view it. If I can then it means only Sentry and Saved clips can be viewed.

same here
I got very few actual dash cam footage
and they were back in March
Anyone having the same issue?

Yeah same with me, only saw a couple clips from March. I formatted my SD cardafter and went on a couple drives. Only Sentry clips were available for viewing. Going to try and honk to get it to save a clip today and see if I can view it. If I can then it means only Sentry and Saved clips can be viewed.

When you save dashcam footage either by tapping the dashcam icon or have honk to save enabled or its saved as sentry mode the files get put into a different folder on their own with the timestamp. The dashcam files that aren't saved are in one big directory, so I'm guessing the viewer only looks under the 2 saved directories.

Reactions: 03DSG
When you save dashcam footage either by tapping the dashcam icon or have honk to save enabled or its saved as sentry mode the files get put into a different folder on their own with the timestamp. The dashcam files that aren't saved are in one big directory, so I'm guessing the viewer only looks under the 2 saved directories.
That's what I figured, only saved clips would be viewable. Thank you!

Reactions: 03DSG
I got the 2020.12.5 update a couple days ago on Apr 8. I hadn't driven the car for the 4 straight days previous, so I don't think there's any correlation to active driving and timing of the updates (though I've driven >10km in 2wks). Note: I do have the Controls/Software/Software Update Preferences set to "Advanced", FWIW

p.s. beware that 2020.12.5 seems to break the USB music player, so you may be lucky not getting the update...
USB thumb drives no longer recognized
Yep....USB thumb drive is no longer found. Got the update yesterday.....ancient 85D. I should have ignored it, as it adds nothing to an AP1 car. Hopefully I get a new update to correct it soon.

Good thing I'm not driving anywhere now.....

• Informative
Reactions: mrElbe