TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DoubleE, May 2, 2019.

1. DoubleE

DoubleE Member

Thought the vehicles were already in production; curious if anyone has taken delivery of the updated Model X with new range and suspension?

2. Alex D

Alex D Member

If I read the announcement correctly, they started production of the "refreshed" models on April 24th, which is the day I ordered my MX (right after I received the notification about the "refresh").
    They did have AP3 hardware in production vehicles for a while and there are quite a few already out there. But with all the upgrades, suspension, faster charging capability, etc they started production on those on the 24th.

3. redgt

redgt Member

how much faster is the charging?

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

#4 P85_DA, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Refresh goes up to 200kw on V3 SC ..older versions if u have largest battery (100) go up to 150kw on latest software in V2,SC

5. redgt

redgt Member

$8000 less getting a new 2019 inventory car vs 2019 refresh. Not sure it is worth it

6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

U also get increased range diff front motor etc with refresh ..I have had 3 Tesla’s in 6 years and I missed so many changes lol ..my 2018 P100 I missed the new MCU by few weeks ..:(

7. Ghouston

Ghouston Member

I also ordered a refreshed MX in April 24th. Order was confirmed immediately (the old 3 day period seems to have been removed) however I have had no update since then. I am waiting in the the VIN in order to progress the financing. I wonder if there was a large amount of orders after the refresh. Delivery estimate is still saying May however, even if you go and try order a new one today. Hopefully get something though soon.

8. DoubleE

DoubleE Member

Any updates on your vehicle?

9. Ghouston

Ghouston Member

No, still same status. I will chase sales rep today.

10. Daisame

Daisame Member

Hi Ghouston.

I put my order in as well on 4/30, also waiting for the news on the updated motor for the Model X. There has been no news regarding my VIN yet either. The tracker that is published through these forums seem to have an average of 6-7 days, but you have obviously been waiting longer, as many others that placed orders in April. I would presume this has a lot to do with the newer motor being added to the assembly process.

I hope it does not take longer than the other averages though. I am excited to take delivery. I would like some estimated dates when these various tasks should be completed, and when they run long, some sort of acknowledgement and new estimated dates. The lack of communication is frustrating.

11. DoubleE

DoubleE Member

My advisor says he's just waiting for the VIN as well.

12. DoubleE

DoubleE Member

Who are you financing it through? My bank does not require a VIN for approval. Tesla's contract is all they needed.

13. ralyrcr

ralyrcr Member

I ordered May 1st, no word yet, but I don't expect delivery until end of May at the earliest. I'll post any updates.

14. Ghouston

Ghouston Member

I am using UFCU, having seen good reviews on these forums. The loan officer was fantastic. Likewise, just need the contract but the contract has the VIN number in it so the hold up with the contract is the VIN.

15. Daisame

Daisame Member

I am using USAA for half and paying cash for the other, and they did not require a VIN, but what I have is a prequalification. However, the quote is only good for 45 days. I am hoping the deal closes before then. I don't know what the process is to get a quote extended. The loan process itself is pretty easy, doing everything online. so hopefully if I have to extend it it will be just as easy.

16. DoubleE

DoubleE Member

I'm still baffled no one has taken delivery of a refreshed S or X.

Curious What's going on...

17. Bpseattle

Bpseattle Member

Same here. Ordered MX on April 27, and no new info since. Waiting for a surprise update. Anytime now Tesla, it's ok, you can do it, just drop me a line ...

18. Ghouston

Ghouston Member

Just got a text for estimated delivery 5/21. Ordered April 24th

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. DoubleE

DoubleE Member

Did you get a VIN yet?

20. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

Is that the only update you have received? No emails. Nothing updated on your “my Tesla” page?