Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i got mine yesterday. Order placed 8/4, car ready for delivery 8/7 but I chose 8/9. Initially went back and forth between the Raven X and S - drove both multiple times over a few weeks. Suspension vastly improved. The superior spaciousness and comfort of the X was the final deciding factor. My only minor disappointment is that the car was delivered with s/w v 2019.15.106 - that seems like a century-old version :)

Delivery with outdated software is common place with computers and phones. Many have updates available immediately. But when a delivery team preps your car it sure seems like of of the checklist items should be to update the software.
These days, a software update may take longer than the delivery center turn around time (plus they can't move the car while it is in process)...
Also good to have a more proven version on a new owner's car, just in case.

Does not seem to be normal. Both my model 3 and X were done within 25 miles. How many miles have you put on?

I'm at 82 miles right now and it's been stuck at 99% since i got to 30 miles. Then the driver side windows started to make loud squealing noise when i open and close it. This is really disappointing, next available schedule on my local service center is not until aug 29th.

Just picked mine up yesterday (and first post, yay) - 6-seat LR with Red Multi-Coat and the Two-Tone Slipstream wheels, cream interior. So far my impression over the first 100 miles, in a word: Awesome! This car is just so good! A few minor annoyances that I'm hoping time and this forum will help me work out - Frequent "Second-row seat unlatched" warning and, after a software update last night, I get a persistent "Blindspot detection limited" warning. Still though, wow - what a great car!

No "good" photos yet because she got dirty when we caught in the rain 2 miles from home yesterday, but hopefully soon!

RQ3nNWt.jpg

Reactions: EA500 and john85775
Thought the vehicles were already in production; curious if anyone has taken delivery of the updated Model X with new range and suspension?

New Model X Raven arrived 6 weeks ago. More factory issues than I have had on all three previous Teslas. Quality is no longer Job One. Pushing out 1,000 Teslas a day is Job One.

Never the less, My Blue Raven LR LUDICROUS is a beast. Took back the World SUV 1/4 mile record from $255,000 Lamboghini Urus at Palm Bay International Raceway. My first time on the track.
1/4 mile in 11.20 at 121.4 MPH on a moist track. Suspect it can get into the 10s with a good launch on a dry track. Will keep you posted. Wasted the Model 3 Performance edition.
PBIR Helmet.jpg

• Love
Reactions: bhzmark
New Model X Raven arrived 6 weeks ago. More factory issues than I have had on all three previous Teslas. Quality is no longer Job One. Pushing out 1,000 Teslas a day is Job One.

Not sure that is fair. The S/X line is turning out cars way slower than they used to (based on Q1 and Q2 production numbers). The 3 lines are the ones pushing the volume limits. There are likey some issues due to the change over to Raven (Ford itself hasn't had a perfect track record on new model releases).

Congrats on the win!

Ludicrous Mode took three weeks and three trips to Orlando to download. On the day of the had to get an engineer out of bed in CA to provide code. Front cup holder dividers missing, AC Loud noise (probably filter loose - still waiting fix, trunk gets stuck half way, passenger door doesn't open with handle, software doesn't work correctly pm games, etc (ie Freezes in the middle of Christmas mode. Most important the delivery team was rude and flip. Gave them one star. One of them should have been working at Hyundai.

Granted these are small items, but items which should have been caught at inspection. Never took any of my three previous TESLAs back for anything related to delivery. Oh, the DUAL MOTOR Logo is on crooked. Not what I would expect from a $130K car. Still Happy with Blue Raven in spite of her wounded wings.

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo

Seriously this. never had a problem with my previous X and with my new one it's only 4 days old and problems just keep coming out. now both my driver and passenger windows are making loud squealing noise when opening and closing to add to that rear falcon door some times doesn't close all the way even though nothing is blocking it.

Seriously this. never had a problem with my previous X and with my new one it's only 4 days old and problems just keep coming out. now both my driver and passenger windows are making loud squealing noise when opening and closing to add to that rear falcon door some times doesn't close all the way even though nothing is blocking it.
Welcome to the club lol. Mines doesn’t even close sometimes. Tech is coming out to see it this week.

My driver side would squeal when bringing them back up. Tech said that the tint could have added extra friction and the windows are designed to push up against the rubber seals. He adjusted the windows when he was fixing another minor issue for me. And it works fine now. Maybe just need these set bolts reset on your windows. Could be a simple fix.

so autopilot calibration is still stuck at 99% is this normal?

It should probably have completed by now. May simply ask the SC if there is a way to reset it or start over or something. Mine took probably 50 miles or so (a few days) before it finally finished.

There was a YouTube video of a similar issue. Turns out it was being caused by the Falcon wing door getting hung up on the rear upper corner (near window trim). The door would sometimes overlap with that and stop. Mine is very close, and even sort of clips the trim edge when opening. I notice it because I have a chrome delete and the black vinyl is starting to chip away here. Service Center should be able to adjust the doors. Think this is an inherent flaw with the doors. If you are on an incline, the weight is going to shift back more as well.

Delivery with outdated software is common place with computers and phones. Many have updates available immediately. But when a delivery team preps your car it sure seems like of of the checklist items should be to update the software.

Mine was updated before delivery. I guess your 'mileage' may vary here. As long as you have access to WiFi, it does not take much to update the software.

I was hoping that by now Tesla would have improved on build quality, especially since I come from a early 2012 Model S P85 and also own a early Model 3, but seems like there are still issues. Let me know if you guys experienced any of this and what you guys think is the best thing to do. Waiting to hear back from my owner advisor to see what they say.

From 2015 to 2019, build quality has gone in the toilet. So many things rattling around I don't know where to start.

Or maybe it's luck of the draw. I don't know anymore.