Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Telsa has a twitter account for escalated service issues, you can certainly use it. I don't know of any other method except for tweeting Elon. I certainly don't expect he will respond but would presume he has people monitoring the account.
Yeah, it's fairly common to have an "executive communication team" who's whole job is to process complaints directed at the CEO. Especially so for companies that have as public-facing of a CEO as Tesla.

If Telsa has a twitter account for escalated service issues, you can certainly use it. I don't know of any other method except for tweeting Elon. I certainly don't expect he will respond but would presume he has people monitoring the account.

well the thing is he does respond to some of those. I'm sure you have seen tesla articles quoting responses to user tweets to confirm updates, new features, and streamline requests. excluding tweets to him isnt a complete failed attempt.

Just to mention the other side of the coin--my X delivered in June has been nearly flawless. About to hit 4k miles and the only adjustment needed has been the left windshield wiper. It was wiping off the edge of the windshield. Service adjusted it in about five minutes. No other issues.

Speaking of wipers.......

"If it ain't broken, don't break it."
2016 Model X had the best wiper senors I have ever experienced. So, in come the millennial engineers to play and now we have wipers on new Model X and others I suspect that reads the rain through the three front facing cameras. Does about as well as using your sleeve.
First two levels didn't work at all until third download. Now they come on when they want to. Dry wipes and all. Reminds me of the blow hand dryers in restrooms. Rub hands together for five minutes and wipe hands on pants. The engineer sons and daughters of the engineers who invented blow hand dryers must have joined the Tesla Team. Perhaps they are working on an automated restroom inside your TESLA so you don't have to stop for the full range.:(

The wipers are virtually worthless. I have to turn them on full to wipe a mist or soft rain. What a betrayal after having such great ones. I'm longing for Red TEDDY 2016. The wipers wipe on their own schedule. A disaster in beta and doubtful that it will EVER attain the level of the originals with sensors. Give it guys. Quit breaking my TESLA.

Similar to AUTOPILOT. My first autopilot on my 2013 done by MOBILEYE (Germany) was amazing and I can honestly say that TESLA has yet in all these years come close to matching it. Musk got in a fight with someone at MOBILEYE and that was the end of the best AUTOPILOT I ever knew. Each iteration seems to get worse. I experienced five ghost brake slams on the way into work today. Don't even feel safe using it anymore. Come on get with the program. Let's worry less about whether my car farts and get back to the basics, as in safety perhaps.. These are expensive cars and they are not at all performing to the standards TESLA set for itself with the earlier models. The quality is supposed to be improving, not going down hill. You are merely opening the door for others to develop a better product.

BTW, Road Warrior came out and fixed my noisy air conditioning compressor the other day which was vibrating through the pedals. It is now half as noisy and he suggested I bring it in for service (4100 miles). Perhaps they can also fix the drivers window which stops half way up (great for rainy days), or the trunk which stops halfway down, or the DUAL MOTOR logo on the back which is visibly crooked, or the software that stops in the middle, or the passenger door which will not open by handle, need I go on? Reminds me of my first Corvette which spent one month in the shop in the first three months, after which GM quit covering rentals.

I have had more issues with the Blue Raven than I have had with all my previous three TESLAs. After four weeks of pleading and waking two engineers in CA on the 5th of July, I finally got the download for LUDICROUS mode. Understand there was a problem with FSD and LUDICROUS software.

Reactions: Mattzilla
I guarantee you, if you go to any car forums, you will find all sorts of issues; both minor and severe. I will concede that the incidents per unit is far less on manufactures that have been doing this for 50+ years. Tesla is a new car manufacturer, and they are going to have teething issues. I would hope anyone who is seriously interested in getting a Tesla, has read forums, watched YouTube videos, or otherwise researched them thoroughly so they know what they are getting into.

I think Tesla has come a long way in the last 7 years of mass producing cars. The ones today are already much better put together than the ones 3-4 years ago. It will get better with time and they will find new ways to build that create less issues in the manufacturing process. It is very unfortunate that the cars are all not 100% perfect every time off the line. They are also usually very good about rectifying problems

Read my other post.
All three of my previous TESLA were better than the Blue Raven. It's fast. Big deal, if it's poor quality and falling apart.

I ordered on 08-04 and STILL don't have a VIN.

Anyone recently get a VIN or delivery?

Do they even give out VINs anymore? I ordered mine at the end of April and still have no VIN. All I know is that I "may" get my car sometime in "late September." It was originally promised in late July. Luckily I have been trained well since it took me almost a year to get my current car. You really need to be a Tesla enthusiast :(.

My first autopilot on my 2013 done by MOBILEYE (Germany)
Ummm, MobilEye was Israeli before being bought by Intel. About Us - Mobileye
https://www.mobileye.com/about/
As to the wipers, I get the annoyance, the wiper NN is designed to provide cleaning when the AP cameras need it, which do have a different view than the driver especially since they had their own heater which could evaporate some level of light mist (personal theory).

Got my new toy. Plan to install it in the next few weeks.
View attachment 442697
Installed my new toy. Install took me longer (1+ hours vs. 30min) because I was unsure of how hard to pry the old sills off. Overall happy with the result, but I think 2 things: I like it a lot and think it adds another touch of luxury to the vehicle next to the luxe mats and performance pedals. But my wife finds the LED too bright. I removed the upgraded bright lights in the lower doors that I installed do help reduce overall brightness and it was much better.

On the passenger side a little light shows around the edges of the sill and not just across the letters. Ideally it would be sealed along the edges so the only light showing is the word "TESLA".

Install was made easier by purchasing some $10 trim removal tools off Amazon, and using a Dremel to shave off the melted plastic bits so the old sill would break off easier and the new sill would sit more flush.

DD Sills.jpg
PD Sills.jpg

Reactions: Daisame
Alright guys! Finally I got a text from tesla. After almost a month they texted me only to to tell me that they are still doing final touches on my car and that I will have to wait another 2-3 weeks before they schedule my delivery. No vin yet.

Another 2-3 weeks of agony lol! I just hope the quality is better for this one. Letting you wait for a month and half then you see a lot of issues on delivery day would be disappointing. Fingers crossed!

I ordered mine on 7/27 pearl white with white inferior, fsd, 6 seater and 22 inch wheels.

Alright guys! Finally I got a text from tesla. After almost a month they texted me only to to tell me that they are still doing final touches on my car and that I will have to wait another 2-3 weeks before they schedule my delivery. No vin yet.

Another 2-3 weeks of agony lol! I just hope the quality is better for this one. Letting you wait for a month and half then you see a lot of issues on delivery day would be disappointing. Fingers crossed!

I ordered mine on 7/27 pearl white with white inferior, fsd, 6 seater and 22 inch wheels.

Ah! Then the text I got this afternoon apparently wasn't spam. Whew!

Mine said 4-5 weeks until scheduling delivery.

My guess is, based on dwindling levels of cars at sales/delivery centers, there is going to be a slew of changes to the vehicle. In the past, every August or early September the factory would shutdown for a week or more to reconfigure. My 2015 Model S is a late August car and has a number of minor differences to 2015 vehicles produced prior to the August reconfigure.

In 2016 the Model S was "refreshed" in April, but AP2.0 was added along with other changes during the factory reconfiguration in or around August.

In 2019, the "Raven" variant came out in April, and now there are delays in August...

While I am not happy about the additional delay for my new X beyond the original 2 weeks, I'd probably be less happy if I got the car I ordered and the next one off the line was an improved version.

I ordered and confirmed white w/cream interior, 5 seat, FSD, 20" wheels on August 6.

Ummm, MobilEye was Israeli before being bought by Intel. About Us - Mobileye
Yes, Israel and IT WORKED!

Wipers are not an annoyance, they are a gross safety hazzard.
Photo from today. Auto wipers on: Guess they don't think it is raining yet.

Rain New Model X.jpg

Are the engineers at Tesla really this dense, or are they spending too much time on mimicking farts?
Put down window. Wipe windshield with arm....on a $130,000 vehicle?

2016 Model X wiper performance was flawless. Hey millennial engineers, FUNCTIONALISM will always trump MIMIMALISM.
Add some damn coat hooks while you are at it. My clothes from the laundry have been wrinkled for three years from sliding off the seats.

Ordered mine in June. Told six weeks, it came in 2.5. They changed delivery three times however.

1) Delivery truck stuck in bad weather 2) Needed repair when it came off the truck (wheel well liner) 3) No openings for delivery.

Ordered White on White, Model X, long range, FSD on 8/4/19. Just received text saying that it would be another 2 weeks before scheduling delivery. Trading in HW1 2016 MX 90D if we don’t get the price we want before delivery. Frustrated as we had planned a good trip September 4th. Thought the 3-4 week estimated delivery (at time of order) would be adequate for delivery prior to this trip!