Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not mean to imply your experience has not been bad. I just take issue with the comment that other cars don't have problems, because they do. I will concede that on a percentage basis, other manufacturers have much better experiences on average. I hope most people who buy Teslas do some reading and research and know what issues they could face. I would counsel anyone buying today to be prepared to decline delivery or even return the car if necessary. Because the only way Tesla will really get the message that they need to do a better job of QA'ing their cars, is to start having returns or delivery problems.

So many people take delivery and go through the hassles of repairing after the fact, that they are not incentivized to prevent the issue. If fixing it after works.

Thanks. Declining delivery was not a feasible option without losing the expiring $3750 tax incentive. Also, delivery had been rescheduled three times. Originally told my Raven would be produced and delivered in 5-6 week (June), then notified in two weeks it was on it's way (maybe they shouldn't rush it so much), then delayed three days due to weather in transport, then another weekend, because it needed repairs inside the rear wheel well (did it fall off the delivery truck?) and we were pressing the end of the incentive. And remember, one recent post said he had declined two vehicles and they refused to order another for him.

This is Horrible!
Tesla changes my delivery date from 8/30/2019 to 9/7/2019 via phone call from the delivery team
What’s bad is the VIN number that was assigned to me was GONE!!!! It’s like I’m back to the beginning. I got the feeling that they gave my car to someone else???
Tesla deliveries go like this sometimes. Delivery pain will just help you to love it more when it arrives, like childbirth.

After a brief delay probably all will be fine and you'll be happy.

So the configurator says delivery within 2 weeks if I order today. Is this no the case? Has anyone gotten their Raven and does anyone know what the VIN range starts at? I was looking at inventory online and there's no way to tell if Raven from not.

So the configurator says delivery within 2 weeks if I order today. Is this no the case? Has anyone gotten their Raven and does anyone know what the VIN range starts at? I was looking at inventory online and there's no way to tell if Raven from not.

You can tell by the EPA mileage rating. 325 = Raven on a non-P.

For a data point, mine is 1808XX and is one of the early Ravens.

What were your issues?
They had mine with only 43 miles on it for three weeks after it was stuck in my driveway for a week. Besides a loaner, no compensation just a sorry. If I knew it would have been that long would have sent the x back re ordered and got Ludicrous and unlimited charging. Wouldn’t either add one of them for me. I’ve owned nothing but nissans, still have 3 of them. A 30, 20, & 10 yr old ones. Never ever had a problem like that when new or old. Horrible way to start out. Making a loan payment while you don’t even have your car. Ridiculous.

What were your issues?

autopilot didn't work, windows making loud squealing noise when opening and closing it, right rear falcon door sometimes wouldn't close all the way. they fixed autopilot on the 1st time i brought it back, hoping they could fix the window and falcon door this time. got a fully loaded model s as a loaner and free wall connector the 1st time i brought my X for repair. i doubt it will happen again this time and what pisses me of more is they gave me a nissan frontier as a loaner. oh well atleast i still got a loaner instead of an uber/lyft.

Thanks. Declining delivery was not a feasible option without losing the expiring $3750 tax incentive. Also, delivery had been rescheduled three times. Originally told my Raven would be produced and delivered in 5-6 week (June), then notified in two weeks it was on it's way (maybe they shouldn't rush it so much), then delayed three days due to weather in transport, then another weekend, because it needed repairs inside the rear wheel well (did it fall off the delivery truck?) and we were pressing the end of the incentive. And remember, one recent post said he had declined two vehicles and they refused to order another for him.

Completely understand. I almost declined mine, because it did not come with the carbon interior that I had ordered. To be fair I did make the change a week after the initial order, but I digress. I did not want to decline because of the loss of the $3750 tax credit. That was more significant that a plastic trim that I could have wrapped by the detailed fore a couple hundred bucks.

As the tax credit expires, that will be less of a motivator to accept delivery to poorly built cars. I had not heard of anyone being denied from ordering another car, but I can sort of understand. Any business who cannot meet a customer's expectations after two tries could be inclined to just refund their money and part ways. It is unfortunate that they could not deliver an adequate vehicle either.

There are some other premium brands of cars that if you are not aware of the way they are built, may discover imperfections that result in some buyers remorse. Aston Martin is a prime example. They are hand built cars and often have body panel anomalies that if you are not prepared for it, could ruin your enjoyment. Those buyers have to be prepared for that and enjoy the car for what it is.

I would hope anyone who buys a Tesla, more so the X/S than the 3s these days... know that they are possibly going to have some issues to have addressed. It is easy to get hung up on the issues reported, because most people do not hop onto the forums proclaiming how perfect their car is. Mine for the most part has been very good. I have had only a couple of minor issues that have been repaired promptly. I consider myself lucky but presume that the majority of people have few if any issues.

autopilot didn't work, windows making loud squealing noise when opening and closing it, right rear falcon door sometimes wouldn't close all the way. they fixed autopilot on the 1st time i brought it back, hoping they could fix the window and falcon door this time. got a fully loaded model s as a loaner and free wall connector the 1st time i brought my X for repair. i doubt it will happen again this time and what pisses me of more is they gave me a nissan frontier as a loaner. oh well atleast i still got a loaner instead of an uber/lyft.

Window squeal should be easy. FWD alignment can be troublesome. If possible, when picking the car up, try to test the FWDs several times and on inclines/declines.

Completely understand. I almost declined mine, because it did not come with the carbon interior that I had ordered. To be fair I did make the change a week after the initial order, but I digress. I did not want to decline because of the loss of the $3750 tax credit. That was more significant that a plastic trim that I could have wrapped by the detailed fore a couple hundred bucks.

As the tax credit expires, that will be less of a motivator to accept delivery to poorly built cars. I had not heard of anyone being denied from ordering another car, but I can sort of understand. Any business who cannot meet a customer's expectations after two tries could be inclined to just refund their money and part ways. It is unfortunate that they could not deliver an adequate vehicle either.

There are some other premium brands of cars that if you are not aware of the way they are built, may discover imperfections that result in some buyers remorse. Aston Martin is a prime example. They are hand built cars and often have body panel anomalies that if you are not prepared for it, could ruin your enjoyment. Those buyers have to be prepared for that and enjoy the car for what it is.

I would hope anyone who buys a Tesla, more so the X/S than the 3s these days... know that they are possibly going to have some issues to have addressed. It is easy to get hung up on the issues reported, because most people do not hop onto the forums proclaiming how perfect their car is. Mine for the most part has been very good. I have had only a couple of minor issues that have been repaired promptly. I consider myself lucky but presume that the majority of people have few if any issues.

I have purchased three SUV's and one car from Mercedes Benze. The S550 was built in Germany and the three SUV's were all built in the USA. Two diesels, two gas. NONE of them had manufacturing issues. No alignment problems, no wierd window issues, no HVAC problems...nothing. My S550 was perfection from a comfort, quiet and performance perspective. It's only downfall was that it wasn't an EV. :)

We are STILL in the honeymoon phase with Tesla, but eventually they are going to have to step up their game with quality control to compete. The competitive edge that they have right now will not be there forever....

Reactions: Matty_USC

Also check the overlap of the FWD against the rear door edge. There have been issues where the door overlaps the rear body panel near glass trim and prevents it from closing. A YouTuber had the issue. Mine sort of scrapes the trim along the back window. Having them fix it by moving the back window toward the rear of the car a mm or two to give more clearance.

FWD was a huge mistake by Tesla. Could have saved SO much time and money by having a traditional door here. It is an over-engineered mess that is prone to failure. This is my biggest criticism of the Model X.

I have purchased three SUV's and one car from Mercedes Benze. The S550 was built in Germany and the three SUV's were all built in the USA. Two diesels, two gas. NONE of them had manufacturing issues. No alignment problems, no wierd window issues, no HVAC problems...nothing. My S550 was perfection from a comfort, quiet and performance perspective. It's only downfall was that it wasn't an EV. :)

We are STILL in the honeymoon phase with Tesla, but eventually they are going to have to step up their game with quality control to compete. The competitive edge that they have right now will not be there forever....

Completely agree. They need to get the quality under control ASAP. They have come a long way, but still have a long way to go.

Window squeal should be easy. FWD alignment can be troublesome. If possible, when picking the car up, try to test the FWDs several times and on inclines/declines.

Also check the overlap of the FWD against the rear door edge. There have been issues where the door overlaps the rear body panel near glass trim and prevents it from closing. A YouTuber had the issue. Mine sort of scrapes the trim along the back window. Having them fix it by moving the back window toward the rear of the car a mm or two to give more clearance.

FWD was a huge mistake by Tesla. Could have saved SO much time and money by having a traditional door here. It is an over-engineered mess that is prone to failure. This is my biggest criticism of the Model X.

thanks! will definitely look into that.

i've purchased atleast 30 different cars these past 15 years, a couple of them were mercedes and bmw's all of the cars had 0 issues until the day i sold them. the only time they went back to the dealer was for the yearly service, factory recall or if i get into a fender bender. all of the car dealers i've encountered had great customer service besides ford and honda. none of them kept my car for more than 2-3 days unless i brought it in for a repair when i get into a fender bender. they really made me feel satisfied with my purchase.

i'm on my 2nd tesla and sorry to say but already regret purchasing another one. back in 2016 when i got my 1st tesla their service was decent and i accepted that they are a new car company and not every thing will be perfect. i had no issues with my 1st tesla besides the alignment of the doors which i never had fixed since it didn't really bother me. so i purchased another model x that had issues as soon as i got it. what pisses me off is now their service is terrible you cant just bring your car in for service, you have to schedule it which usually takes 2-3weeks for the next earliest schedule. then it takes them a couple of days to fix what other car companies can fix in a couple of hours. my new model x is 3 weeks old and it's been in service for a total of 10 days and it still is with them today. you call them and you have to waste 15-30min on the answering machine before you get transferred to an actual person. sorry but if i'm going to spend more than a $100k on anything i expect to be treated better, there is no excuse for this, your car having issues is one thing but getting terrible after sales service is another. heck other cars i've owned that cost less than 1/4 the price of a model x had better customer service. was planning to get a model 3 for my wife on january but will be spending my money elsewhere. as much as i love this car this will be my last tesla until they get their *sugar* together.

I don't blame you @kylec. Even a new car company should provide excellent service. Sometimes it is more important how you can recover from a poor experience, than it is making sure every purchase is perfect. If they expect that their new car can be problematic, then they should focus their efforts on the customer service. And that seems to vary greatly. I hear stories about awesome experiences, and then those like this.

So far my experience has been very good, but I have not had to really push my luck with them either. Hopefully I will remain in that percentage that does not have to.

I still love my car, and hope it never gives me a reason to hate it.

I don't blame you @kylec. Even a new car company should provide excellent service. Sometimes it is more important how you can recover from a poor experience, than it is making sure every purchase is perfect. If they expect that their new car can be problematic, then they should focus their efforts on the customer service. And that seems to vary greatly. I hear stories about awesome experiences, and then those like this.

So far my experience has been very good, but I have not had to really push my luck with them either. Hopefully I will remain in that percentage that does not have to.

I still love my car, and hope it never gives me a reason to hate it.

don't get me wrong i still love my X, i just don't like the treatment we as paying customers are getting. the people at tesla costa mesa are nice but trying to call them and schedule an appointment is a PITA and the people working there can only do so much. i just hate that tesla as a car manufacturer cant get their *sugar* together and provide us better service to compensate for the not so great quality of their cars.

Reactions: Daisame

Never ever had an issue with the FWDs on my 2016 X for over 68,000 miles. Nor, in 68,000 miles, did I have an issue with anything else, but tires. I think it is a reflection of decreased attention to quality control in the newly released models and pressure to crank out numbers. Then again, I haven't had any issues with FWDs on the 2019 Raven. Windows, trunk, A/C, crooked emblem, missing cup holders, and multiple software issues, YES, but not the FWDs.

• Informative
Reactions: Matty_USC and VikH