Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me it would be a no-brainer to spend $1,500 more to get the Raven version. Increased resell value alone should make up for that unless you are going to keep it for a long time.

As far as the suspension they said that for the Model S that these were the third version of the lower front A-arms. So my guess is you are correct and the suspension in a 2016 and 2018 would be the same.
For me difference was more like $15K otherwise I would have gone for a refresh. Got at Dec 2018 100D.

A8D2CAC4-8BCD-4490-B2DC-7ADC3E3981AB.jpeg
B95CACD3-95E4-4DBE-B86C-4E93704F9C60.jpeg
I need some forum feedback . I was at Tesla yesterday. I am hesitating to lease a new X Raven vs an old X primarily due to pressure of timing 1) have to sell my 3PD by Delivery In next 30 days:eek: . Don't want to take a big hit from Tesla on trade in 2) Also , likely selling my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 2,100 miles lol 3) is the refresh worth getting over a Model X P90D 4) yes free 5,000 miles is nice but of $500 value maybe but the extra $1,850 tax credit combined is worth it by June 30th.

Thoughts?

View attachment 412456 View attachment 412457 I need some forum feedback . I was at Tesla yesterday. I am hesitating to lease a new X Raven vs an old X primarily due to pressure of timing 1) have to sell my 3PD by Delivery In next 30 days:eek: . Don't want to take a big hit from Tesla on trade in 2) Also , likely selling my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 2,100 miles lol 3) is the refresh worth getting over a Model X P90D 4) yes free 5,000 miles is nice but of $500 value maybe but the extra $1,850 tax credit combined is worth it by June 30th.

Thoughts?
Will Tesla allow trading in 2 cars for 1? Hmmm, if they do, perhaps trading in your 2 cars to Tesla is better since you can save on the total sales tax after they deduct the value of both your cars from the X you’ll be ordering.

Reactions: Sg911
Will Tesla allow trading in 2 cars for 1? Hmmm, if they do, perhaps trading in your 2 cars to Tesla is better since you can save on the total sales tax after they deduct the value of both your cars from the X you’ll be ordering.
Yes, but in my state we don’t have the normal sales tax thing. On the front end our tax is capped at $500 so no trade in benefit for me there...

Yes, but in my state we don’t have the normal sales tax thing. On the front end our tax is capped at $500 so no trade in benefit for me there...
I see. Not sure how else you can go about that but a 2018 car and to trade in or sell now, you’ll most likely take a big hit of depreciation. If you’re willing to rollover that amount to the X price then go for it! It’ll be worth it, or so it seems as what most X owners say! ;)

Reactions: Sg911
I see. Not sure how else you can go about that but a 2018 car and to trade in or sell now, you’ll most likely take a big hit of depreciation. If you’re willing to rollover that amount to the X price then go for it! It’ll be worth it, or so it seems as what most X owners say! ;)
Yes the Tesla 3PD value is very strong . So not concerned there as much as the time to sell it privately vs trade in which will hurt by Tesla trade-in values lol. The Jeep I bought well but if I hold it another 6 months the depreciation and loan are equal but I don’t like driving gas anymore , so willing to take my licks and keep moving fully electric .

Reactions: candy_sr
Several vehicles with adaptive air suspension are starting to show up on ev-cpo.com

Just watch out because some of those doesn't have the permanent magnet reluctance motor

only has the old front and back symmetric induction dual motor, I bet these are the one manufactured in late April and since the motor didn't change the weight didn't change, and they can use the original homologue stickers

the new ones with the new front motor has weight change and needs the new regulatory homologue stickers

Last edited:
have you watch out because some of those doesn't have the permanent magnet reluctance motor

only has the old front and back symmetric induction dual motor, I bet these are the one manufactured in late April and since the motor didn't change the weight didn't change, and they can use the original homologue stickers

the new ones with the new front motor has weight change and needs the new regulatory homologue stickers

also they are more expensive than just ordering one...