Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess i'm the unlucky one here so far, but list of issues since receiving a Raven refresh delivered in June 2019:
  • Steering Wheel Vibration issue: 2 Service Center visits - the last visit had a road force balance, resolves issue about 95% of the time, i've come to the conclusion that the wheels are not just not 'balanced round' and I don't want to buy new tires.
  • AC Compressor causes accelerator pedal to vibrate aggressively when fan speeds are between 9 to 11: Service center visit scheduled
On the AC issue, anyone else see this or reproduce? As a test, turn the AC on and either set it to LO or manually set the fan speed anywhere between 9 and 11 (to force the AC compressor to have to work hard). After a minute or so, you'll start to feel the accelerator pedal vibrate like it's going to pop off.

I will try to remember to give this a try on my way home. I wonder how much this may come up if not purposely set. May fly under the radar for many if this is some systemic issue.

Reactions: tnots
I will try to remember to give this a try on my way home. I wonder how much this may come up if not purposely set. May fly under the radar for many if this is some systemic issue.

Appreciate it, I never noticed it before because the temperatures outside were fairly reasonable. However, when I picked up the X after it's last appointment it was sitting outside and got very warm inside (about 88 F internal temp). As soon as I got in, AC kicked on full blast and was working hard to cool the interior and that's when it became apparent.

• AC Compressor causes accelerator pedal to vibrate aggressively when fan speeds are between 9 to 11: Service center visit scheduled

This is quite a common observation for new Tesla owners. The AC compressor is quite different from what we are used to in other cars. It revs and vibrates when it is working hard, but this goes away very quickly and we hardly notice it. Without any other source of noise and vibration it feels even more pronounced. For this particular issue I would recommend getting hold of another Tesla and comparing.

This is quite a common observation for new Tesla owners. The AC compressor is quite different from what we are used to in other cars. It revs and vibrates when it is working hard, but this goes away very quickly and we hardly notice it. Without any other source of noise and vibration it feels even more pronounced. For this particular issue I would recommend getting hold of another Tesla and comparing.

Currently my only other comparison is our Model 3, and that has zero vibrations when working at full speed in hot weather.

AC Compressor causes accelerator pedal to vibrate aggressively when fan speeds are between 9 to 11: Service center visit scheduled
On the AC issue, anyone else see this or reproduce? As a test, turn the AC on and either set it to LO or manually set the fan speed anywhere between 9 and 11 (to force the AC compressor to have to work hard). After a minute or so, you'll start to feel the accelerator pedal vibrate like it's going to pop off.

Every Model S/X I've ever driven?

Yes. But if you're at 9+ you're basically telling it to go as cold as possible. Set your preferred temperature and leave it on auto.

Yeah, Even when opening my 3 or X with interior temps of 100, it seems like it's above 4 or 5 for a very short time. I can't imagine ever using the car with it at 9+ for more than a minute. Then again, I also live in Colorado, not AZ or something.

Weird, I don't see "Raven" listed anywhere :rolleyes:

View attachment 427356
Um, this is a thread about cars made after the "Raven" update. And various questions about how they might vary from those made before the update. Surely "Raven Model X" is very reasonable shorthand for the updated cars we're talking about. If you don't want to see the word "Raven", may I suggest another thread?

Hard reboot - both scroll wheels and both buttons above the scrolls. Both screens should go black. I've had to do that once or twice.

On MCU2 cars, the instrument cluster is a second screen to the MCU processor, so both screens always go on any reboot.

I know the brake pedal leads to a deeper boot. I've never heard of the buttons at the same time doing anything - on MCU1 cars they controlled the other processor but I am not aware of them doing anything on MCU2 cars.

On MCU2 cars, the instrument cluster is a second screen to the MCU processor, so both screens always go on any reboot.

I know the brake pedal leads to a deeper boot. I've never heard of the buttons at the same time doing anything - on MCU1 cars they controlled the other processor but I am not aware of them doing anything on MCU2 cars.

On my 2016 Model S, the scroll wheels reboot the main center screen. The upper buttons reboot the smaller drivers screen.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Appreciate it, I never noticed it before because the temperatures outside were fairly reasonable. However, when I picked up the X after it's last appointment it was sitting outside and got very warm inside (about 88 F internal temp). As soon as I got in, AC kicked on full blast and was working hard to cool the interior and that's when it became apparent.

I tried it on the way home yesterday. I had no issues with the accelerator pedal vibrating at all with the AC turned up to 11, 10, 9 etc. When I placed it on auto, I noted that it actually set itself to between 9 and 10 when I was first starting up, since the car was pretty warm from sitting out in the sun all day. So I would probably have noticed it before as well.

So does not seem to be affecting my Model X.

I tried it on the way home yesterday. I had no issues with the accelerator pedal vibrating at all with the AC turned up to 11, 10, 9 etc. When I placed it on auto, I noted that it actually set itself to between 9 and 10 when I was first starting up, since the car was pretty warm from sitting out in the sun all day. So I would probably have noticed it before as well.

So does not seem to be affecting my Model X.

Thanks for checking. It seems fairly new to me, so we have a SC visit scheduled for next week to get it looked at...altho I'm not thrilled to be at the SC every other week at this rate since ownership.

Sorry to hear that. The only issue I have found on my Model X so far is what appears to be some slopped adhesive on the passenger side windshield support near top corner.

20190705_121144.jpg

I sent support an email about it a couple of days ago, but have not heard back yet. May have to just call the SC.

Ohh.. one other issue. My Alarm seems to be going off randomly during the afternoon's while parked in my office parking lot. :confused:

Attachments

• 20190630_141013.jpg
    20190630_141013.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 120
Hi all. 2 Weeks in and the car is booked in at the service centre (do I leave the car on valet mode???) for some minor corrections.

The issues found:-

1. The chrome trip to the rear triangular window keeps popping up at the sharpe end. Its just not sitting right and what forced in.
2. Slight pain run by the spoiler at the rear.
3. Black trim under the doors (front and rear) keep coming loose about two inches from the ends
4. Suspension noise. When I accelerate/ brake, the front right creaks. This is worse when parking and turning lock to lock. I know that folks are saying that it should be normal, but it can't be. It's horrid and very loud.

I don't seem to have the AC issue experienced by others though.

Otherwise, I am pretty pleased with my purchase. I will keep you posted.