Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been waiting for weeks but my order process has been somewhat.... complicated. Here is the full recap.

TLDR: My experience with Telsa thus far has been abysmal at best.

• Ordered a new Pearl White, LR, 6 seat white interior on 7/22 via the mobile site and immediately received a call from a Santa Monica SA. So far so good!
• The SA told me to expect delivery within 5-10 days. After the 13th day, I reached out to get an ETA but my email went without a response. Another email the following day, followed by a voicemail without a callback. All the while, I could see (my email client has this feature) emails were being read just not getting a response. By day 15, frustration was peaking ... JUST GIVE ME A HEADS UP! If it's going to be 3,4, 5 weeks, just tell me. I know a lot of this is out of the hands of SAs but at least communicate.
• After not hearing I went down to the store to confront the SA and get some insight. He had no answers.
• 2 days later I get the text to pick up the car.
• I curbed all previous frustration as I went to pick up the car; excited as a child on Christmas!
• Delivery Center felt more like a pop-up Halloween store at the mall than a "high-end delivery center"
• Sign here, initial here, the car is out front ...
• Walked outside and BAM!
• Cosmetic issue after cosmetic issue, paint, panels, trim, AND A BIG OL DENT in the bumper! (hard to see with the lighting but it was LARGE)
• THIS IS A 100K+ CAR! WTF!
• "We can fix this, not a big deal, this is an outlier, this never happens, etc etc"
• That is what really set me off. That is like me going up to the delivery managers car, hitting it with a bat and telling him/her "don't worry about it, I got a guy who will fix this for free" This is supposed to be a brand new car, dents aren't acceptable.
• I refused the delivery and went inside to talk with the delivery manager. He assured me this never happened, that my case was one in a million and that they would deliver a brand new car. I then showed him similar issues with the other pearl white in the lot, ready for delivery. ohh

HERE IS WHERE IT GETS FUN

• While inside, he starts asking if I would be interested in a different combo. Red with tan? White with 5 seats? ...
"Uhhhhh, no" to which he asked "What about your same configuration but with the black 22" wheels," I told him, "sure but I am not paying extra" ... to which he said, "no no, as a token of good faith for this unfortunate situation" - Great! Done. They gave me a loaner and sent me on my way
• Hopped in the 60F 2016 X that drove like a tank and was on my way. Now, prior to this, the only time I had driven an MX was a quick test drive months prior. This drove quite differently. No worries
• The next day, I get a call from the SA saying they can't make good on their offer. No upgrade. Fine, just order a car with no issues ... "sorry, sorry, we will have the brand new vehicle in the next few days"
• A few days later I get an alert for pickup, go to get it ANNNNNNDDDD. SAME VIN!
• WTF!
• Tesla said it was an error with the sorting algorithm and that they would have a new one soon
• Head back home
• A week goes by, no word
• Another week goes by, nada
• Take my wife, 4-year-old and 2 dogs to Santa Barbara in the rental, head back to the car and it won't open, the key doesn't work. Call service, spend 2 hrs on the phone, nothing. Nothing they can do but flatbed the car to a service center. The battery on both the key and car were fine. They said because it's a loaner, they cant tie an account to it and therefore cant remote unlock and start. It's Sunday and nothing is open, so we would have to flatbed the truck and then try to get home (2hrs away) and we can't get the car seat out of the car. 3 hrs later, the manager of the Santa Monica store (the only silver lining throughout this ordeal) gets back to me and finds an engineer to get the car unlocked and started! THANK GOD! I still to this day have no idea how I would have gotten us all home.
• Swap out the 2016 60D for a 2016 90D and it's SO MUCH nicer!
• 2 weeks later and still no car, still waiting. Changed to black on black to expedite.

Still waiting but at least they gave me the loaner in the interim (sold my car prior to ordering the initial X)

This whole experience has been akin to renting a car at a Budget Rental car. This isn't high touch, this isn't QC'ed, this is nowhere near what a 100K+ car buying experience should be like. It sucks because while I am still excited to finally get the car I have doubts ...
IMG_0917.jpeg IMG_0927.jpeg IMG_0922.jpeg IMG_0924.jpeg IMG_0926.jpeg IMG_0923.jpeg IMG_0925.jpeg IMG_0921.jpeg IMG_0919.jpeg IMG_0920.jpeg

God that looks awful. If they try to deliver me a car like that I'm keeping my S P90DL for a few more years. At least it was built properly and I've had no issues with it in 60,000 miles.

Honestly it looks like someone is doing this on purpose. Surely the people that work on the production line would have a little more pride in what they do!

Last edited:
So just now, I go to get in the 2nd loaner and open the driver side door to put my bags in the car for work, close the door and then go to put my daughter in her car seat. Can't open the door, nothing works. House keys, computer, etc are locked in the vehicle. Called roadside and they said they would need to tow it out that they can't wake the car.

WHAT THE F%^K WOULD THEY DO IF MY DAUGHTER WAS IN THERE FIRST!

If God forbid this did happen, I would have had something hard enough to smash the window but what if I were somewhere remote?

So just now, I go to get in the 2nd loaner and open the driver side door to put my bags in the car for work, close the door and then go to put my daughter in her car seat. Can't open the door, nothing works. House keys, computer, etc are locked in the vehicle. Called roadside and they said they would need to tow it out that they can't wake the car.

WHAT THE F%^K WOULD THEY DO IF MY DAUGHTER WAS IN THERE FIRST!

If God forbid this did happen, I would have had something hard enough to smash the window but what if I were somewhere remote?

Assume the loaner is not a Raven, right? The 12V might have died. Also, assume you tried placing the key in the dead fob location.

Yeah, I've tried all of the Fob tricks. This is a 2016 (I believe) 90D. While this is an inconvenience and is yet another fun experience with Tesla so far, I just can't stop thinking if I had put my daughter in the car first.

I agree its not acceptable and sorry to hear about the trouble, but please preface these posts stating the car is not a Raven. Loaner cars are not well maintained and 2016s generally are of poor quality. You may want to start your own thread detailing these issues.

Installed my new toy. Install took me longer (1+ hours vs. 30min) because I was unsure of how hard to pry the old sills off. Overall happy with the result, but I think 2 things: I like it a lot and think it adds another touch of luxury to the vehicle next to the luxe mats and performance pedals. But my wife finds the LED too bright. I removed the upgraded bright lights in the lower doors that I installed do help reduce overall brightness and it was much better.

On the passenger side a little light shows around the edges of the sill and not just across the letters. Ideally it would be sealed along the edges so the only light showing is the word "TESLA".

Install was made easier by purchasing some $10 trim removal tools off Amazon, and using a Dremel to shave off the melted plastic bits so the old sill would break off easier and the new sill would sit more flush.

View attachment 445992
View attachment 445993
Update: the illuminated sills grew on my wife. They no longer feel too bright and look really good. Definitely recommend this mod.

Well folks, after a little bit of worry (thanks in part to this thread), I received my Raven "Model X Performance Ludicrous". It was absolutely perfect, none of the issues shared by anyone else here, no panel gaps, damage, paint flaws, interior issues...etc. Mine is a six seat + console with white interior - the dashboard is all black (was hoping for white) - and it didn't come with seat coolers. Received in the dying hours of Q3, exactly 5 months after ordering.

Initial impressions after driving a Model S P90DL for 4 years...the suspension feels (for lack of a better word) squishy! I need to try the sport setting but haven't gotten around to it yet. It is of course much more comfortable, quieter with less wind noise and road noise, and no creaks or rattles. Right now I am slightly intimidated by the size of this car and sitting so high. It will take some getting used to.

One thing that surprised me was how economical it is. In my first 60 km of driving around last night I was averaging around 187 Wh/km or about 301 Wh/m.

26ffcdc0-bd11-416d-bc9e-6dff281ae399.jpeg

Well folks, after a little bit of worry (thanks in part to this thread), I received my Raven "Model X Performance Ludicrous". It was absolutely perfect, none of the issues shared by anyone else here, no panel gaps, damage, paint flaws, interior issues...etc. Mine is a six seat + console with white interior - the dashboard is all black (was hoping for white) - and it didn't come with seat coolers. Received in the dying hours of Q3, exactly 5 months after ordering.

Initial impressions after driving a Model S P90DL for 4 years...the suspension feels (for lack of a better word) squishy! I need to try the sport setting but haven't gotten around to it yet. It is of course much more comfortable, quieter with less wind noise and road noise, and no creaks or rattles. Right now I am slightly intimidated by the size of this car and sitting so high. It will take some getting used to.

One thing that surprised me was how economical it is. In my first 60 km of driving around last night I was averaging around 187 Wh/km or about 301 Wh/m.

View attachment 461303
Mine came with black, I had them swap to white. But I also made them write it on the contract before I signed.

View attachment 461303

Congratulations!