Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received their refreshed Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you talking about coccidiodomycosis (aka valley fever). A few people die from it, but it's so widespread that when someone produced a vaccine for it, they couldn't find enough people living in the San Joaquin Valley who hadn't had it to do a clinical trial. The vast majority of people who are exposed develop an immunity with few if any symptoms.

The HEPA filter in most western countries is primarily to filter out bad smells. We drive past a sewage treatment plant and a paper mill heading into town and both are pretty unpleasant. When there is a lot of pollen in the air it is nice to be able to filter it out, some pollens really bother me. In China the bio-defense mode is worth its weight in gold!

I do agree with your overall point though. I'll be getting my refresh Model S in a few weeks and I'm sure they will come out with something I'd want later this year. It is what it is and I just have to accept it. About the only thing I'd really be bummed about is missing the 100 KWh battery by a few days or weeks.

I bit off topic but yeah, I practiced in the San Joaquin Valley for a while and my spouse contracted and became very ill from cocci. I also saw a number of people die from it. It is especially severe in African American populations for some reason and the many people who have immunodeficiency syndromes or are on immunosuppressive therapies.

My point, primarily, is that there are a lot of things people don't anticipate which actually have a huge impact on an individual's life. Sometimes a car isn't just a car. If it bankrupts the middle east power players, makes Beijing a tolerable place to be again, and saves one or two lives in Bakersfield, CA that is a very very big deal and that is not even getting started on autopilot features, safety features, etc.

With all we have done in modern medicine, if we eliminated auto fatalities and pollution in certain places where it has a very significant impact on public health it would be the greatest accomplishment of my lifetime.

Sorry for going off topic but yeah, keep pushing the envelope and forcing other manufacturers to catch up will eventually make a dent in some of our biggest problems.

I have a new 90D on order, but curious: I keep hearing that the new center console has rear cupholders, yet I can't find any pictures of it anywhere: can someone post a picture of the back seat view of the center console/arm rest area: where are these fabled new cupholders for rear passengers?

I have a new 90D on order, but curious: I keep hearing that the new center console has rear cupholders, yet I can't find any pictures of it anywhere: can someone post a picture of the back seat view of the center console/arm rest area: where are these fabled new cupholders for rear passengers?

They are not there, somehow the current cup holders at the top of the armrests are supposed to be the rear cup holders

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: Reekdog and newtman
There is a Bjorn video on YouTube measuring face-lift model efficiency and anecdotally he said it's more efficient than his older Model S though that might have been a rear wheel drive model so not sure if it's a fair comparison.

On my facelift 90D I sometimes can get close to the IDEAL range (not rated range), well north of 300 mi at 90% SOC, which is around 240Wh/mi. It all depends on how you drive it but I think fundamentally I read somewhere that the facelift models are slightly more aerodynamic. It would be interesting to do a controlled test between the two.

There is a Bjorn video on YouTube measuring face-lift model efficiency and anecdotally he said it's more efficient than his older Model S though that might have been a rear wheel drive model so not sure if it's a fair comparison.

On my facelift 90D I sometimes can get close to the IDEAL range (not rated range), well north of 300 mi at 90% SOC, which is around 240Wh/mi. It all depends on how you drive it but I think fundamentally I read somewhere that the facelift models are slightly more aerodynamic. It would be interesting to do a controlled test between the two.

I believe it. And it's not just the new front-end. Apparently the standard slipstream wheels are also more aerodynamic.

Took some photos and made a video for my new car:

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

DSCF2809.jpg