Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received their refreshed Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratz @Tslagrl1 - happy safe milage!
As I'm still waiting on mine, can you answer some questions?
- is it correct the rear seat headrests are higher than before the facelift (and/or obstructing rear view?)
- does the (now default) center console come with integrated USB or does it still use one of the existing connectos?
- was the car delivered with the new air-filter system or without it?
Tried to post a video. Didn't work. Sorry. I'll try later from home computer.
Looks great! How did you eventually take off the front license plate holder?
Looks great! How did you eventually take off the front license plate holder?

OK I uploaded the video to youtube, it was too big to upload here. So heres the link:

Yes we picked ours up yesterday. As my husband drove behind me I noticed that the new lights are not as bright as the old very famous eyebrow lights. Also u have to turn them on as parking lights every time, it's not automatic anymore.
Looks beautiful! Congrats! I'm pretty surprised there isn't auto headlights? Is this confirmed after messing with the settings?

Reactions: Tslagrl1
I dont think anybody has received a refreshed S other than the show rooms. But some people on this forum have ordered a refreshed S but I think the delivery dates they are getting are Late June/ July..:D
My refreshed S is in transit and should be here any day. I'll post the minute I stop driving it once I take delivery, if no one else beats me to it!

Edit: I should have kept reading the whole thread before posting! I see someone beat me to it, lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Krebnarb
Not sure if the new AP hardware thing is true. If it is, I believe it only applies to cars ordered after the refresh announced (at the new price). So far none of those have been delivered. Cars ordered pre refresh that received the refreshed options are being delivered now.

I sure hope this isn't true. Mine confirmed on April 9... a few days before the refresh was announced. If this is true I would GLADLY pay the $1,500 price increase to get the new AP hardware.

VIN 1391XX. My delivery window says "May - Early June"

Last edited:
@Tslagrl1 tnx for the pictures

@RamshakleZ sounds to me like calling your DS would be a viable option. I'd just love to have a clear idea on when the car will be available, all other things considered perks atm. The mail send clearly depicts only changes to the looks on the outside but my DS did confirm the center console as additional to the order would be dealt with - it's included - but for instance the new finish on the dash and armrests would remain as ordered in the old model. Which seems consistent with the mail stating the outside only (although I'd recon the new frunk comes with the new nose :))

Reactions: Tslagrl1
@RamshakleZ sounds to me like calling your DS would be a viable option. I'd just love to have a clear idea on when the car will be available, all other things considered perks atm. The mail send clearly depicts only changes to the looks on the outside but my DS did confirm the center console as additional to the order would be dealt with - it's included - but for instance the new finish on the dash and armrests would remain as ordered in the old model. Which seems consistent with the mail stating the outside only (although I'd recon the new frunk comes with the new nose :))

I've already confirmed with my DS that I'm getting the refreshed design, center console, and updated Premium package with the BioWeapon mode, etc (I had the premium package on my original order). I've also confirmed that my car will have the 75kWh battery pack which will be software limited to 70kWh as well as a 72amp charger software limited to 48 amps... both of which can be upgraded at any time OTA.

All that is left to know is about the AP hardware. Hell, I'd even be OK if I got the hardware but like the battery and charger, it was software limited to the original single camera hardware. At least I'd have an opportunity to pay to upgrade OTA.