Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received their refreshed Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've sent an Email to my DS asking that as they prep my car for delivery their tech looks to see if the wiring matches the updated wiring diagrams we have seen (showing a triple camera). Hope she doesn't give me the runaround and they actually are willing to take a look.

After a few delays on mine (I was supposed to get it last week, according to my DS), the backend of my Tesla account shows updated guidance of May 19 - June 2! Before it just showed May - June.... That's something, I guess :D

Mine received a similar update toward the end of last week! I'm now looking at May 18 - June 1.

With some luck I might be picking it up this weekend. :)

Reactions: NikeWings
Mine received a similar update toward the end of last week! I'm now looking at May 18 - June 1.

With some luck I might be picking it up this weekend. :)
Lucky dog :cool:

Sadly my SC only does deliveries on Mondays and Tuesdays (WEAK, I know)! I'm hoping the updated guidance means that it's done at factory (or at least close to done) and waiting to be towed? If that's the case, maybe I can score a ride down to a SC that does deliveries 6 days a week - it's a bit of a drive, but I'd hate for it to be ready to go on say the 19 and have to wait even longer to get my new baby!

Lucky dog :cool:

Sadly my SC only does deliveries on Mondays and Tuesdays (WEAK, I know)! I'm hoping the updated guidance means that it's done at factory (or at least close to done) and waiting to be towed? If that's the case, maybe I can score a ride down to a SC that does deliveries 6 days a week - it's a bit of a drive, but I'd hate for it to be ready to go on say the 19 and have to wait even longer to get my new baby!

I'm a first time owner and I don't really have any experience with the Model S, so I'm really looking forward to opinions from folks like you who have experience with the "classic S" and can offer some relevant experiential comparison/impressions between the two.

In response to request for comparison photos, here are some I shot a few days ago at the Dedham, MA store.

And in response to one of the comments above, i did not see any difference in AP hardware except for the radar being hidden behind the nose on the newer car. And the windshield wipers are no different.

PS: tried to post photos by inserting a link to flickr set, but it does not work. Unable to figure out how to post, sorry.

But here is the URL for some photos of 2 multi-coat red Model S cars, one 2015, one with new nose:

Compare original and refreshed Model S

Last edited:
I'm a first time owner and I don't really have any experience with the Model S, so I'm really looking forward to opinions from folks like you who have experience with the "classic S" and can offer some relevant experiential comparison/impressions between the two.
Here's my 2 cents (just from my overnight test drive with the 90D) - also, which one are you getting? The noticeable road noise is SIGNIFICANTLY lower, maybe by 80%! Fit and finish overall is superb, tons of little improvements and minor interior tweaks. Even though the one I drove and my classic S looked the same externally, it felt like a completely overhauled car on the inside (steering wheel column is different, seats, dash, accents, and let's not forget AP)! I will say though that the front motor does have a VERY noticeable whine since it's so close to you, the driver. That can easily be overlooked though and overall I feel you'll be VERY happy with your car, Tesla has made SIGNIFICANT strides since I bought my car (I had a vin of 11679, so definitely an early bird). I can only begin to imagine how the new refresh stacks up against even the 90D I drove, let alone my '13 "ultra" classic MS!

Here's my 2 cents (just from my overnight test drive with the 90D) - also, which one are you getting? The noticeable road noise is SIGNIFICANTLY lower, maybe by 80%
As a fellow 2013 classic owner, I can't wait to drive a refreshed S, just for the noise reduction alone. Ever since I got my CPO, I've considered a number of passive noise reduction solutions, but did not want to tear the car apart to apply it.

So now I wait until my advisor says I can come and drive a refresh!

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
As a fellow 2013 classic owner, I can't wait to drive a refreshed S, just for the noise reduction alone. Ever since I got my CPO, I've considered a number of passive noise reduction solutions, but did not want to tear the car apart to apply it.

So now I wait until my advisor says I can come and drive a refresh!
It should be even more substantive than the '15-'16 "classic" design. Have you driven one of those?

Here's my 2 cents (just from my overnight test drive with the 90D) - also, which one are you getting? The noticeable road noise is SIGNIFICANTLY lower, maybe by 80%! Fit and finish overall is superb, tons of little improvements and minor interior tweaks. Even though the one I drove and my classic S looked the same externally, it felt like a completely overhauled car on the inside (steering wheel column is different, seats, dash, accents, and let's not forget AP)! I will say though that the front motor does have a VERY noticeable whine since it's so close to you, the driver. That can easily be overlooked though and overall I feel you'll be VERY happy with your car, Tesla has made SIGNIFICANT strides since I bought my car (I had a vin of 11679, so definitely an early bird). I can only begin to imagine how the new refresh stacks up against even the 90D I drove, let alone my '13 "ultra" classic MS!
Oh this is great news, I had #9555 for 3 years, so I was hoping I'd notice good differences in my 90D besides the obvious range and power! Thanks!

No, the last loaner I had for service was a P85 and it was pre-autopilot. I have yet to get a dual motor anything as a loaner yet. I would say that road noise is my biggest pet peeve, then slow computer & nav.
You'll love it! Not sure whether the redesign will have a faster CPU, but I know the road noise will be significantly dampened :)