Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone recognize this? AP 2.0 MCU2 upgrade leftovers and other musings..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B29BDCB5-49D9-49F3-948D-EBECC0D547BB.jpeg
C713E80D-B398-4EBE-813B-C9E9722FE5B2.jpeg
D61E173C-27DF-457E-9E2D-425B1E68D399.jpeg
96078DC6-CF29-4D00-B204-DEBCD0AE6CDD.jpeg
I emptied out my May 2017 built S 100D and left it at the SC for the MCU 2 upgrade. I had received the FSD upgrade 6 weeks earlier. They were supposed to MCU2 it as well... but alas, I was one of the first in my area and they had harness and then screen availability issues which led to 5 consecutive bookings/cancelations/bookings.

it was in the shop 2.5 days. They could not preserve my settings and had trouble patching the software.

The only settings I cared about were my trip data. Trip A had been lovingly preserved from when I bought it new and showed that after 42k I had a net consumption of 316 Wh/m. Anyone else have a metric like that to compare? Anyway, that glorious metric is now gone.

Only took 5 miles to calibrate (pic snapped just before it finished) the cameras. And the only failure (so far) is I cannot unlock the car remotely (a common problem discussed at length in other threads). They have scheduled a ranger to fix in a couple of days... but said it will likely get fixed with an over the air patch/reset. We shall see.

When I got home, I found the following in my trunk. Anyone know what they are? Could my settings be on that chip? Ha!

sorry about the pic placement... I am forum comment writing challenged.

Yeah, that's an "air bag" Tesla uses to lift the dash, as well as a trim tool to help others removing various trim pieces. And an SD card of course. I imagine your local SC would want those back ;-)

SD card could be your MCU's gateway SD card, or could be just about anything else... stick it in your computer and tell us what's on it??

The onboard navigation map is stored in an SD card. Can you enter a trip to a destination?

The one in my car was partitioned and formatted last January to get my navigation working again.
They told me that if that failed again they would replace the SD card.

The onboard navigation map is stored in an SD card. Can you enter a trip to a destination?

The one in my car was partitioned and formatted last January to get my navigation working again.
They told me that if that failed again they would replace the SD card.

the nav sd card is a micro sd. Gateway Sd is a full sized one like the one pictured. newer MCUs don’t have a nav card / use a second onboard eMMC for storage.