Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret buying the Acceleration Boost for their Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the fence about paying the $3k CAD (taxes in) for the Acceleration Boost on the Model Y Long Range. Have heard lots of positive reviews, but I'm worried those people may be the only ones posting. Has anyone bought the upgrade and regretted it? I know that there's the option of trying it for a day and then backing out, want to know how people have enjoyed it over time. Has anyone not been impressed by the boost?

Reactions: easyev and BitJam
No way, it essentially creates a fourth model and can be added at any time after purchase. It's a brilliant way to allow owners to tailor their cars performance and ownership experience.

My DRAGY recorded a decrease of my 0 to 60 times from 4.7x (DRAGY before I bought the PB upgrade) to 4.1x after. If using the 1-foot rollout it's 3.9x seconds. It's a lot of BANG for the BUCK.

On the fence about paying the $3k CAD (taxes in) for the Acceleration Boost on the Model Y Long Range. Have heard lots of positive reviews, but I'm worried those people may be the only ones posting. Has anyone bought the upgrade and regretted it? I know that there's the option of trying it for a day and then backing out, want to know how people have enjoyed it over time. Has anyone not been impressed by the boost?

@FormationLap I doubt you'll find many that regret it unless maybe they fell under hard financial times right after or something. Everyone's circumstances, budgets, and spending comfort levels are of course different, but generally speaking if you've already managed the spend on the vehicle, a $2k upgrade is probably not an outrageous sum to spend to get it. I would think that most that think they want it and could comfortably afford the spend have probably been quite happy with the result.

To be perfectly honest, I've never driven an Acceleration Boosted LR MY (nor a MYP for that matter) and only have our regular LR AWD as a reference point but for me personally I don't see the need to get it any faster. When I put my foot down, this thing just moves, basically effortlessly. Okay you can sort of feel the weight when you first move from a full stop but that feeling is very short lived. I'm really struggling to figure out any situations where I would need that extra power. If I were a bit younger and interested in trying to spank any sports cars that pull up beside me at a light then maybe. If that's your demographic and you have the $ to spare, then by all means fill your proverbial boots!

I bought the Boost and would do it again in a heart beat. I have 800 or so miles on the car and have only jumped on it twice. It's just stupid fast.
I have a '64, 427, Ford Galaxie that I spent 20 years building - puts out 600 horse power, 5 speed manual. It's a classic "old school" monster. It's a beautiful car. I used to think it was fast...til I got this Y. This lil guy is one fast mamma jamma! It makes me laugh out loud it's so blasted fast. Do it - you won't regret it. My Y will be lowered once the springs are available. It's funny, I read about people complaining about the ride - why? It's a nice firm ride! I guess I'm just old....

Attachments

• IMG_3832.jpeg
    IMG_3832.jpeg
    631.9 KB · Views: 1,287
  • IMG_3829.jpeg
    IMG_3829.jpeg
    462.2 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_3830.jpeg
    IMG_3830.jpeg
    637.9 KB · Views: 781
  • 64141288964__D369B1F9-60AA-4F85-A637-463C003EB5C1.jpeg
    64141288964__D369B1F9-60AA-4F85-A637-463C003EB5C1.jpeg
    597.4 KB · Views: 808
Last edited:
Grandmas.

Grandmas are the only ones not impressed.
I know a lot of Grandma's who are impressed by a good Boost!

Forget the FSD. I don't even like the augmented speed control/lane following. Maybe in another three years it will be better - it makes some strange and unsettling decisions. It doesn't pay attention to the "reduce speed" signs (yellow backed signs in California) at all. That's just foolish - it causes corner apexing issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donncha and Nolakai
i recently bought the model YP my question is this acceleration boost what is in the Performance or is it also on top of it? i dont see this offered. also sorry if this is a dumb question i am not yet in my car and i am awaiting my delivery date sadly. i bought the full maxed model yp with all the extras. silver and i am thinking about adding the rear spoiler? thanks

i recently bought the model YP my question is this acceleration boost what is in the Performance or is it also on top of it? i dont see this offered. also sorry if this is a dumb question i am not yet in my car and i am awaiting my delivery date sadly. i bought the full maxed model yp with all the extras. silver and i am thinking about adding the rear spoiler? thanks
Is not offered for the P

Boost is a factory option. I can't tell you how much that is worth. You can hit it as much as you want and it's on Tesla if something breaks.

The LR ride feels good for me as well. It's just what I expected on a car that can go 0-60 in ~4s. It's only when I'm really pushing (sometimes power sliding) that I feel significant body roll, but I'm not complaining. I'm still running the OEM rubber and am still working on burning them off.

I bought the Boost and would do it again in a heart beat. I have 800 or so miles on the car and have only jumped on it twice. It's just stupid fast.
I have a '64, 427, Ford Galaxie that I spent 20 years building - puts out 600 horse power, 5 speed manual. It's a classic "old school" monster. It's a beautiful car. I used to think it was fast...til I got this Y. This lil guy is one fast mamma jamma! It makes me laugh out loud it's so blasted fast. Do it - you won't regret it. My Y will be lowered once the springs are available. It's funny, I read about people complaining about the ride - why? It's a nice firm ride! I guess I'm just old....

This thread is a great one but I have a few concerns about AB. We just changed our MYP order to an MY LR. While I wanted the acceleration of the MYP, I didn't want the crappy tires and worse suspension. So MY LR it is. I just wish they'd bring back the MYP Stealth!

When I asked our SA today, he made it sound like they could drop the AB option at any time. He was very carefully saying don't buy the MY LR and assume it will still be an option when you receive your MY LR. It was almost like he heard they might be dropping it in the future and wanted to make sure if that was part of my buying decision, to not make it part of it.

So I assume by the posts here, that it is still an available option. Anyone heard anything regarding that it might be dropped anytime soon? I'd hate the get the MY LR and be stuck with the acceleration as is. At the same time I don't want to drop another 6k on the MYP to get rid of the terrible wheel/tire combo and go with coilovers. If my wife would go with the M3 LR, I'd be set, but she wants the bigger MY.

• Disagree
Reactions: Biggus
This thread is a great one but I have a few concerns about AB. We just changed our MYP order to an MY LR. While I wanted the acceleration of the MYP, I didn't want the crappy tires and worse suspension. So MY LR it is. I just wish they'd bring back the MYP Stealth!

When I asked our SA today, he made it sound like they could drop the AB option at any time. He was very carefully saying don't buy the MY LR and assume it will still be an option when you receive your MY LR. It was almost like he heard they might be dropping it in the future and wanted to make sure if that was part of my buying decision, to not make it part of it.

So I assume by the posts here, that it is still an available option. Anyone heard anything regarding that it might be dropped anytime soon? I'd hate the get the MY LR and be stuck with the acceleration as is. At the same time I don't want to drop another 6k on the MYP to get rid of the terrible wheel/tire combo and go with coilovers. If my wife would go with the M3 LR, I'd be set, but she wants the bigger MY.
Remember... at heart, your SA is a sales minded person first. They'll tell you whatever is needed to upsell you on something you don't want.

Even if they did drop the boost for some reason, the stock MY LR is still super fast