Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret buying the Acceleration Boost for their Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the good thing about the performance testers like Dragy and Racebox, are very close to your times at the strip. I have tested them across about 10 vehicles from the 15's to the 9's and they are so close to the times at the strip that I use them for normal testing and tuning all the time now. Not to mention you can get a lot more data and easily work with it (other than Dragy).

Understood, but I owned the EVO from 2005 to 2008... the "off the shelf" performance measuring gear that was affordable wasn't that accurate back then :)

Keith

I am the same way about AWD cars. Often lived in crappy climates but also appreciated the ability to launch hard. I veered from the Diamond Star cars to Subies for a while.

The AWD combined with all the torque at idle sure makes these things fun to launch. Not as much shock to a drivetrain as when you might be a bit careless releasing the clutch too. Or when the tires hook up a bit better than you thought. Not much fine breaking a driveshaft or axle at the line.

That is what I love about these cars is they are just fast enough to be fun and be a pretty reliable daily driver.

I drove an M3P again today. That is how I want the MYP to run. So give me the MYP with an optional acceleration boost and that would probably be my perfect daily driver.

The really odd thing about the MYP, MY LR, M3P and M3 LR, is their trap speeds through the quarter are all almost identical across the board. Typically about 113-115 mph. So I'd bet Tesla is dialing it back on the MYP and M3P on the top end quite a bit as their trap speeds aren't showing any real HP advantage compared to their launches. Or maybe a better way to look at it, they allow more torque off the line and don't do that much with HP boosts.

I drove an M3P again today. That is how I want the MYP to run. So give me the MYP with an optional acceleration boost and that would probably be my perfect daily driver.

The really odd thing about the MYP, MY LR, M3P and M3 LR, is their trap speeds through the quarter are all almost identical across the board. Typically about 113-115 mph. So I'd bet Tesla is dialing it back on the MYP and M3P on the top end quite a bit as their trap speeds aren't showing any real HP advantage compared to their launches. Or maybe a better way to look at it, they allow more torque off the line and don't do that much with HP boosts.
P don't get AP lol, they have the P already :)

Bring back the stealth model, or a variant with better suspension and lightweight wheels/tires. Some cheesy spoiler, aluminum pedal covers, stiffer ride and slightly lower ride height, doesn't make it a performance model. Nor does some atrocious wide wheel body kit either.

AMG and BMW M cars are good models to emulate even if not in all areas of options. How about an MYP S model done right? Their approach to the Y was like something my son when he was 10 would have dreamed up. At least the M3P has the track mode as a plus. Now that is at least out of the box thinking that Tesla typically shows and more than what was put into the rest of the "performance" package.

TBH - that is what I am going to have to do so my wife doesn't notice it. I specifically got a credit card to charge the AB and some other Tesla accessories so they will fly under the radar as long as possible. ;-)

I finally have a delivery date for this coming week. I am pretty excited.

Reactions: DaddysCar
I have found the faster my cars/bikes are, the less likely my wife will be with me. That can be a good/bad thing but it illustrates that it can really suck to be a passenger in a fast vehicle at times. So I've learned to not take her on any of my toys that are pretty quick.

When our MS shows up, I'll probably need to keep it in chill mode all the time when she is in the car.