Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret buying the Acceleration Boost for their Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering AB, leaning towards it but with just 200 miles since delivery, I'm waiting for the non-AB acceleration to feel mundane before investing the $2K in the upgrade.

Any ideas why they didn't just add "Sport" as a driving mode, and keep Chill and Standard? I know with AB they remove Standard and add Sport, but it would be nice to be able to turn AB on/off to really get a good back to back comparison. Also, not all drivers need Sport, but Chill is really numb.

Why not have all 3?

Considering AB, leaning towards it but with just 200 miles since delivery, I'm waiting for the non-AB acceleration to feel mundane before investing the $2K in the upgrade.

Any ideas why they didn't just add "Sport" as a driving mode, and keep Chill and Standard? I know with AB they remove Standard and add Sport, but it would be nice to be able to turn AB on/off to really get a good back to back comparison. Also, not all drivers need Sport, but Chill is really numb.

Why not have all 3?

Chill limits power to around 200hp, and remaps that power so you need to press harder on the pedal to get power. Normal gave you ~400hp. The Acceleration Boost adds around 50hp, pushing you close to 450hp. What would you have wanted normal to do, remove that +50hp? What's the use, except to compare your purchase to reassure you that it was a good thing? :)

Reactions: Wolfhausen

Why not have all 3?
It will never feel mundane lol.

I wish they did have 3 modes lol, cause chill is too chill lol

fatigue is why I don't use it. If the car is doing most of it, I won't pay attention. But I shouldn't be rolling in to any cars as I have 'hold' on. car behind will wake me up with their horn if necessary. keeping in lane myself and all the other little things will help keep me alert.

Chill limits power to around 200hp, and remaps that power so you need to press harder on the pedal to get power. Normal gave you ~400hp. The Acceleration Boost adds around 50hp, pushing you close to 450hp. What would you have wanted normal to do, remove that +50hp? What's the use, except to compare your purchase to reassure you that it was a good thing? :)
Based on the weight of the MY, I would guess the AB is closer to 70-80HP. Either way, it is a bargain.

Jim

Reactions: Big Earl

It’s closer to 500 HP with boost.