Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret buying the Acceleration Boost for their Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is an aspect of the rate of discharge impacting battery degradation. Theoretically you rate of discharge would be higher for both the P and LR w/boost than the stock LR with respect to rate of discharge. Unless you are tracking the car every day, and that is the only way you use it, I doubt it will be an issue. In general the batteries degrade the most in the first year anyway. Even if you take great care of the battery time is still a factor and the first year is usually the worst.

Something came to my mind , since AB engages front motor at all times instead driving the suv In rwd mode , wouldn’t the tune make the vehicle drive a lot better in the snow to make it a true awd contender ?
It doesn’t do this. It only engages front under heavy acceleration, just like it does without AB. When digging in, it allows more power to the inverter than without AB.

• Informative
Reactions: GtiMart
Ingenext makes a boost module for the y for half the price

it add some other features also

Says its for the 2022 model Y

Anybody go this route and save a grand?
Yes, you save money. Some people upgraded their software to a version not yet approved but Ingenext and Tesla basically bricked their car. It is a game of cat and mouse AND absolutely no warranty coverage if you have an issue.

I dropped the 2k for factory boost and have nothing to worry about now. On a 60k car, another grand is worth the peace of mind. You can be certain Tesla will know if you have it installed.

Even after going the factory boost route on my Y, I also did it on my 3. There are some features of the Ingenext that I like but in the end it wasn't worth the risk to save a grand. I have already seen how difficult Tesla can be with warranty issues. YMMV.