Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret getting a P after you did mods?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not gonna happen. Tesla is american and HP >>> all. theres a reason german magazines review the charger hellcat and give it lukewarm reviews and tell people to go back to their BMW 540i with a 0 to 60 of 5s. hp just isnt all that important in europe.

There is a point where HP just doesn't matter any more. Many American cars have more HP than their chassis can handle which is why Mustangs, Chargers, etc seem to have a knack for flying off the road and into trees. Aside from on the track, there is only so much HP that you can harness on our congested highways and in between red lights or before you hit a pothole that sends you flying into the next zip code.

0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds already on my M3P... it's enough. I've got the chocolate mousse already... now let's upgrade my main course from the roast beef to a rib-eye. ;-)

Of course you can do all the mods to a LR but I guess most people who buy a P just cant be bothered to do all the mods to still have a LR and a slower vehicle! If I want a LR to look like a P then the cost will be pretty similar to get it like for like. (boost, 20" wheels and tires, spoiler, lowering etc).
Yep - totally this in my case. I test drove a LR and M3P. Went with the P as I didn't want to mess with the boost upgrade, suspension, brakes, wheels and tires and possibly make a franken car inadvertently along the way. My P puts a smile on my face (and a lily queasiness in my belly still) every time I hit the electrons.

If staying stock, I’d go M3P. If modding, LR is probably the smarter choice. You can put that money towards mods. One thing that you would miss on the LR is track mode though...if doing donuts in parking lot etc is your thing :D
I dunno, I looked into it and as far as I could tell when I bought a few months ago - there was no way to make a LR as fast as a P, just pure 0-60 in a straight line no matter what you modded. Can that be overcome now? If so how?

I dunno, I looked into it and as far as I could tell when I bought a few months ago - there was no way to make a LR as fast as a P, just pure 0-60 in a straight line no matter what you modded. Can that be overcome now? If so how?
There isn’t. The P will always be faster. You can always improve the P to get better range but you can never improve the LR to get to the P. If speed is your thing, get the P. If it’s a nice to have, then save some money and get the LR.
When I bought my P, there wasn’t a Boost option but they had a stealth option (which was an incredible deal as it costs as much as Boost). Life was easier back then :D

There isn’t. The P will always be faster. You can always improve the P to get better range but you can never improve the LR to get to the P. If speed is your thing, get the P. If it’s a nice to have, then save some money and get the LR.
When I bought my P, there wasn’t a Boost option but they had a stealth option (which was an incredible deal as it costs as much as Boost). Life was easier back then :D
Especially now people selling a stealth for within a grand of a PUP P...