Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret joining FSD-beta fleet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for info. Interesting points.

Unrelated note, but I'm REALLY surprised to see you mentioned having half shafts replaced on Plaid. I fully expected Tesla to have fixed that annoying issue, which has plagued other Model S models for years (including my 2019 Performance - yet to get fixed).
@vapor trail Yeah, there are several threads on this issue with the refreshed S. In short, vibration at 38-48 mph.

Why not just turn off FSD in the AutoPilot menu? Set up a Profile for No FSD.
Then switch back to your No FSD Profile if you want to try it again?
That way if a promising update comes along you could still get it along with the other FSD testers.
As mentioned, because I rather enjoy ARNR than thrashing beta FSD for the next month or so.

I opted out. Vision only model y performance. After removing beta, my phantom braking dramatically improved. It's at best a serious cognitive load to constantly monitor what it's going to do wrong and most trips were a serious nuisance to those around me...creating many unsafe situations.

I enjoy the car much more without FSD, but appreciate those who are willing to out in the work of beta testing...without pay from Tesla.

Reactions: nvx1977 and jebinc
I may opt out. Someone drove into my car while it was parked and Sentry mode failed to record it. There was no notification before or after that sentry mode wasn’t functioning properly. I don’t know that it’s a defect exclusive in the beta release or not. But it’s clearly a defect in at least the beta software.

Of course I’ll have many weeks before needing to make a decision given how long the body shop repairs will take.

Reactions: jebinc
I opted out. Vision only model y performance. After removing beta, my phantom braking dramatically improved. It's at best a serious cognitive load to constantly monitor what it's going to do wrong and most trips were a serious nuisance to those around me...creating many unsafe situations.

I enjoy the car much more without FSD, but appreciate those who are willing to out in the work of beta testing...without pay from Tesla.
@gigawhat? How long did it take from when they replied to your opt out email to get the production firmware replacement? What firmware are you now on? I got a reply last Friday, but no firmware replacement yet.

Why not just turn off FSD in the AutoPilot menu? Set up a Profile for No FSD.
Then switch back to your FSD Profile if you want to try it again?
That way if a promising update comes along you could still get it along with the other FSD testers.

If someone has a Radar based car then going with FSD Beta means that they lose out on the benefits of Radar regardless of whether they have FSD on or not.

So part of opting in to the FSD Beta is having the Tesla Vision only experience.

For people without radar it won't make any difference.

If someone has a Radar based car then going with FSD Beta means that they lose out on the benefits of Radar regardless of whether they have FSD on or not.

So part of opting in to the FSD Beta is having the Tesla Vision only experience.

For people without radar it won't make any difference.
Do we know that opting out restores RADAR? How long until we all are vision only?

Reactions: 101dals
If so, why?

Sitting at 99 and hoping to have chance to join soon. Would appreciate insight, favorable or not, into the experience.
I love being part of the beta program. It’s not for everyone, as it’s not relaxing like FSD on an interstate. You must be consciously aware of everything around you. It can be especially tedious pulling out in front of traffic. It takes a long time for it to make the decision to go and people behind you can get easily frustrated with you. Often I help the car along as to not to aggravate those behind me. On the bright side, it’s amazing how far Tesla has come with the beta program. It is not 100% perfect, however with driver monitoring it is also not dangerous. I enjoy being part of the growth process. This is my way of helping an amazing company grow. This is the way of the future and living in a densely populated tourist area, full self driving will soon be much better than most human drivers.

@gigawhat? How long did it take from when they replied to your opt out email to get the production firmware replacement? What firmware are you now on? I got a reply last Friday, but no firmware replacement yet.
I opted out just a week before my FSD subscription ended. To my knowledge, that's when I went back to base. Never got a reply from Tesla on being out of beta. I emailed them twice.