Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it looks awesome, and since I'll use this for work, 95% of the time it's just me, so not worried about friends, kids, clients, etc. messing it up. However, I worry that the white on the dash may get annoying and distracting, and that the white will just wear with discoloration from my jeans, cell phone on console, etc....anyone had any problems? With the color options pretty limited, the white seats definitely give a nice "pop" and uniqueness to the car...

My late 2016 S90D has white (ventilated!) seats and after 30k miles still looks brand new! I frequently wear blue jeans (but not brand new ones, they all have been washed at least twice before putting 'em down on the white). I'm very pleased with what "easy keepers" they are.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaywlker
Yes...that’s why I didn’t get white. Have seen other posts about the white dash reflecting horribly on the side windows while driving and creating quite the distraction. They’re looking for answers on how to cut down glare and reflection off the white dash...even posted photos of the white dash strip all the way up his windows.

Ski

Reactions: Potpourri and 2xM3
Maybe with people changing their minds, swapping interiors will make the decision less permanent.

A bit of a hassle but we did find someone who is willing to swap their black interior for our white. We just need to find a date that works for the both is us in order to get it done. We’ll let you know how easy or hard it is.

Last edited:
Ive been a hardcore black interior person all my life. Hides things well and generally looks better in my opinion.

However on my Model 3 I got white interior for reasons and I like it. It gives the interior some contrast rather than being all black and dark looking. I do not have issues with the glare on my glass, maybe its the type of tint I have? I do not have any issues keeping it clean or anything. If I were to do it again I would get white for sure.

Even when they're a little dirty or slightly blue-jeaned, they look amazing. Everyone gasps.

Go white, you'll love it.

Absolutely. Even (black interior) Model S drivers I met at Superchargers went like "oh wow, this looks so great in white". :)

As for keeping it clean, I have not had any problems yet, even though our kids have already managed to spill all kinds of stuff in the car. Up to now, everything cleaned off without problems. And my various dark blue jeans that I wear on most drives have yet to leave much discolouration. They leave far more colour on the light-grey leather seats in our e-Golf, but that cleans off easily as well, thanks to the miracle-suggestion by my detailer - using a microfibre cloth with a certain type of Dove skin care cream/lotion.

Yes...that’s why I didn’t get white. Have seen other posts about the white dash reflecting horribly on the side windows while driving and creating quite the distraction.

While I do have to admit that the white dash reflects in the side window a little, I don't really notice that much, and it certainly doesn't distract me while driving. YMMV of course.

After having driven black interior cars all our lives up to now and now having the pleasure of driving both a white interior Model 3 and a light-grey interior e-Golf, I can truly say that neither my wife nor myself would ever want to go back to having a black interior. The feeling of openness (in both cars) thanks to the light interior is just priceless.

Last edited:
Before my Model 3, I drove a 2016 Subaru WRX with black leather and red stitching. It was sporty and fun, but I have to say, I love the white interior of the Model 3 even more. I have had it for 6 months and no regrets whatsoever. I think with the glass roof, the white interior makes the cabin seem even more light and spacious.
I have had no problems keeping it clean. I use Chemical Guys Inner Clean all purpose cleaner for day to day cleaning. Once in a great while when something needs more cleaning power, I use Chemical Guys leather cleaner, and it does the trick. I higly recommend the white interior.

kUico6e.jpg

not one bit.