Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I considered the white. My mother bought a brand new Caprice Classic in 1976: Fire engine metal flake red, white landau top AND white leather interior. HARD to keep looking good. My father and I would do our best in keeping the leather clean but, MAN, a LOT of work. Yeah, I know....it's 2019 and we have "pleather". Still, I just couldn't do it. The white is really beautiful!

Can you also share the ratios? How much alcohol to water...? Thanks again fam!
15% Isopropyl alcohol 85% water is what I used. Be sure to use something like a white waffle weave microfiber cloth so you can see if anything is coming off your seat. I folded my cloth into quarters and used one section per seat. More came off the drivers seat than I expected.
Another member listed this company as the source of the fabric. https://www.ultrafabricsinc.com/sit...onment/CleaningInstructionsGeneral_1-2017.pdf
Is it true? I do not know, Please see this thread Cleaning vegan leather interior

If you have stains just use isopropyl alcohol and do not dilute it.

Reactions: Jazz_MIII
15% Isopropyl alcohol 85% water is what I used. Be sure to use something like a white waffle weave microfiber cloth so you can see if anything is coming off your seat. I folded my cloth into quarters and used one section per seat. More came off the drivers seat than I expected.
Another member listed this company as the source of the fabric. https://www.ultrafabricsinc.com/sit...onment/CleaningInstructionsGeneral_1-2017.pdf
Is it true? I do not know, Please see this thread Cleaning vegan leather interior

If you have stains just use isopropyl alcohol and do not dilute it.

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

Don't know. I have tried but I can't see any reflection on the front window. On the side windows, under some lighting conditions, yes, but as yet never on the front window, no matter what the lighting conditions. Quite happy about that. :)
It has to be not quite as bad as the white but it gets worse if you tint the windows.

The stripe goes right across the drivers side mirror, passenger side isn't as bad.

Tinting front windows (windshield, driver and passenger side front windows) is illegal in Germany, so no problem there.
It is here too, but just about every other person does it anyways, myself included on the 3 since it keeps the interior much cooler in our hot summers.

You can ceramic coat the seats yourself. I used Gyeon Leather Shield. Put on gloves and wipe it on and let it dry. There is no wipe off with Gyeon. Super easy to apply, just time consuming.

I think it looks awesome, and since I'll use this for work, 95% of the time it's just me, so not worried about friends, kids, clients, etc. messing it up. However, I worry that the white on the dash may get annoying and distracting, and that the white will just wear with discoloration from my jeans, cell phone on console, etc....anyone had any problems? With the color options pretty limited, the white seats definitely give a nice "pop" and uniqueness to the car...
I chose the white interior for aesthetic reasons; as it happens, it has practical benefits, as well. As an aside, it’s also for aesthetic reasons that I’ve chosen not to tint my windows.
I have white too and love it!!!

I've never had a white interior car but ever since I saw the 3 with white seats in a showroom, I know exactly what my next car will look like.

I love the white interior and another huge bonus is not having the wood dash insert. I've always hated with a passion wood inserts in cars.