Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regretted getting a Performance M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ran insurance. 3LR NCD protected and full policy in September best was £660 with LV £500 excess total.
Now quick check with Direct Line (Was with them for 12 years always beat anyone)
LR £561 so cheaper.
SR £536
P is lower coming in at £495 unsure

Then I add my reg and LR its now over £610

Must have a plaid version

I got a used M3P a few weeks back as: A) Insurance was reasonable at £440, £20 cheaper than renewal for my 3.0l 13 year old Diesel
B) Second hand prices are fairly similar to the LR, as was insurance
C) It has red calipers, black wheels and I'm a child :D

No regrets so far. Ride is much smoother over the awful UK roads than my old car, that was my only real concern going in.

I had a P. Silly really as LR is fast enough has better suspension in IMO. The LR is clearly the better value, the only extras on the P being toys for boys.
My Y is better than both 3LR or 3P IMHO.
And your right! Its horses for courses and if you think a Trabant is the best car in the world then it is from your perspective - no argument from me.

The 3P is indeed a toy for boys (and some Girls) and I'm well into my 60s and still a child inside - so the 3P, which has the most toys is my choice.

Reactions: Neilio
As of June
LR BASE £54990 red £57,090 Delivery March 2023
P Base £59,990 red £62,090 Delivery Dec 2022

My LR red in Sept last year new 7 week delivery for £50,590 so P now is 12K more. would I pay 7K more for LR unsure. Just hope residuals hold in 3 years or so OR more used available.

The 3P is indeed a toy for boys (and some Girls) and I'm well into my 60s and still a child inside - so the 3P, which has the most toys is my choice.
Me too. I was all set to buy an LR with boost but then I found a 1,500 mile inventory P, with a price difference about three grand (LR with paint and nice wheels and P in plain vanilla). Even if it's the most irritating car I've ever had, I know I'll never have owned a faster one and that's been a lot of childish fun. (And a speed awareness course).

Me too. I was all set to buy an LR with boost but then I found a 1,500 mile inventory P, with a price difference about three grand (LR with paint and nice wheels and P in plain vanilla). Even if it's the most irritating car I've ever had, I know I'll never have owned a faster one and that's been a lot of childish fun. (And a speed awareness course).
The sad thing is that my speed awareness course expires in 2 yeats

Well I'm loving my P, and I have no regrets. Used superchargers for the first time in 19 months last week on two 530 mile drives to Scotland and back. Great performance and SuC are so easy to use, better than I ever expected. The P does not have as good seats as the BMW M3 though.

The P does not have as good seats as the BMW M3 though.

I don't have any experience of the BMW M3s seats, but I agree that the M3P seats could have been better. Tesla gave it nice big red brakes, 20" wheels, a carbon spoiler. Why not sports seats?? Seems a no-brainer to me. But then so does a HUD on a car that purports to be cutting edge, and we never got that either.

Reactions: Durzel
I don't have any experience of the BMW M3s seats, but I agree that the M3P seats could have been better. Tesla gave it nice big red brakes, 20" wheels, a carbon spoiler. Why not sports seats?? Seems a no-brainer to me. But then so does a HUD on a car that purports to be cutting edge, and we never got that either.
Yeah the seats are the singular worst thing about my M3P, I think. They really should have been a bit different to LR and SR+, to differentiate it. They don't feel like performance car seats at all, I had more leg bolster support in a Peugeot e-2008.

True, the HUD and sports seats are what I most miss from moving from an F80 BMW M3.

We bought one of the first Model 3s that came out, a single motor "long range" car that jumps off the line and leaves the teenagers with their loud Hondas at the light. As "performance" is relative, I have to say my car is a performance version. Never felt the need to buy any other level of performance 3, as they ALL have plenty of performance.

I mean, whatcha gonna do after you zoom home, other than park and go watch TV? They all know you can beat them. I've had two occasions where some young whippersnapper has refused to even try to beat me through the light, because they KNOW. Just because I look old doesn't mean I can't punch the pedal.

We bought one of the first Model 3s that came out, a single motor "long range" car that jumps off the line and leaves the teenagers with their loud Hondas at the light. As "performance" is relative, I have to say my car is a performance version. Never felt the need to buy any other level of performance 3, as they ALL have plenty of performance.

I mean, whatcha gonna do after you zoom home, other than park and go watch TV? They all know you can beat them. I've had two occasions where some young whippersnapper has refused to even try to beat me through the light, because they KNOW. Just because I look old doesn't mean I can't punch the pedal.
You clearly don’t have Golf Type Rs, Audi RS3 and Merc A45s. Here in the UK, these need putting in their place and it really needs an M3P to firmly do that ;)

You clearly don’t have Golf Type Rs, Audi RS3 and Merc A45s. Here in the UK, these need putting in their place and it really needs an M3P to firmly do that ;)

Love this comment! :D

I was behind an RS3 the other day on the A303. It wasn't the brand new generation model, but the previous one, only a couple of years old or so.

Now to anyone who thinks EVs run out of puff at higher speeds... whilst the M3P doesn't have the same supercar slaying advantage it has at lower speeds, it's STILL a fast car. Twice I gave the RS3 a slight head start on the throttle when the traffic cleared in front of us, and both times a started to reel it in. I know he/she was trying too because I could hear that glorious 5-pot turbo singing!

I've also surprised a crutch rocket going up a long slip road onto the motorway. As he went past, he gave me an admiring thumbs up. I've never had that happen before! :D

This is why I love my M3P!

P.S. I don't condone speeding or street racing ;)

Reactions: Gatsojon and TXDawg